Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Ghost cam issues - 13 mustang GT

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GapRider View Post
    Eric, I was hoping someone who has a good cam tune might post up. I have the same issue as you. Car is not happy to stay in mapped point 0 and jumps out after emission reduction times out. I've tried all sorts of stuff but haven't hit on the fix.
    GapRider, any updates on your ghost tune fix for clutch release idle issue? My buddy is experiencing the same issue.

CAM11.hpt
    Two things really, I never got the cam tune where I wanted it and haven't messed with it for quite awhile because it still had high IPC, and I don't like how the throttle works overtime trying to constantly adjust for the jerky RPM of the lope idle.
    The attached tune is the version I describe and my notes say it had good stability off idle, I haven't re-verified that.

Then this great thread opened up:
    https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...770#post497770

So now I'm trying to follow what AKDMB is doing which is enabling MP13 and using it for the cam tune. murphie has great info in there trying to explain how mapped points work and that's what I'm trying to do.
    2019 C7 Stingray M7 - long tube headers, 6.30/6.22 226/238 cam, supporting stuff, DOD and VVT delete.
    Stock everything else

I've been playing with cam tune again using MP13 for it.
    What I like is that I have a tune that:

• will stay in MP13 during idle
    • lopes mildly
    • is stable in stop and go traffic, doesn't try to stall or surge when pushing in or releasing the clutch
    • throttle movement isn't too erratic for me

CAM 8-2017-0B GOOD ONE MILD IDLE.hpt
    CAM 8-2017-0B good one mild idle.hpl
    CAM 8-2017-0B3a4 adaptive idle and MP0 completely disabled.hpt
    CAM 8-2017-0B3a4 adaptive idle ALL MP0 disabled-jumps to MP1 in Op Stab RPM Ctrl idle.hpl
    What I don't like is:
    • While idling it stays in Op Stab - Dashpot for Idle speed control mode
    • I want it to be in RPM Ctrl (which is fitting for idle, dashpot is for decel)

It does idle in RPM Ctrl for Idle speed control mode and MP13 (which I think is the best) but that is only during Emission Reduction mode.
    As soon as it goes to Op Stab - RPM Ctrl, it jumps to MP0 until I blip the throttle causing it to shift to Dashpot for Idle speed control mode which allows it to go to MP13 and start chopping.

What I want it to do is stay in RPM Ctrl and keep the weight on MP13, instead of having it jump to Dashpot. I'd like to do this without "cheating".

I have tried completely disabling every reference to MP0 in the parameters and this only results in it instead trying to weight MP1 while it's in RPM Ctrl.

My head is full right now, you guys care to take a gander and see if you can point me in a good direction?
    Thanks
    2019 C7 Stingray M7 - long tube headers, 6.30/6.22 226/238 cam, supporting stuff, DOD and VVT delete.
    Stock everything else

To Toyoguru do you still have a guide you would be willing to email? Thanks
    Last edited by Joey351sc; 09-19-2017 at 07:13 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GapRider View Post
    I've been playing with cam tune again using MP13 for it.
    What I like is that I have a tune that:

• will stay in MP13 during idle
    • lopes mildly
    • is stable in stop and go traffic, doesn't try to stall or surge when pushing in or releasing the clutch
    • throttle movement isn't too erratic for me

CAM 8-2017-0B GOOD ONE MILD IDLE.hpt
    CAM 8-2017-0B good one mild idle.hpl
    CAM 8-2017-0B3a4 adaptive idle and MP0 completely disabled.hpt
    CAM 8-2017-0B3a4 adaptive idle ALL MP0 disabled-jumps to MP1 in Op Stab RPM Ctrl idle.hpl
    What I don't like is:
    • While idling it stays in Op Stab - Dashpot for Idle speed control mode
    • I want it to be in RPM Ctrl (which is fitting for idle, dashpot is for decel)

It does idle in RPM Ctrl for Idle speed control mode and MP13 (which I think is the best) but that is only during Emission Reduction mode.
    As soon as it goes to Op Stab - RPM Ctrl, it jumps to MP0 until I blip the throttle causing it to shift to Dashpot for Idle speed control mode which allows it to go to MP13 and start chopping.

What I want it to do is stay in RPM Ctrl and keep the weight on MP13, instead of having it jump to Dashpot. I'd like to do this without "cheating".

I have tried completely disabling every reference to MP0 in the parameters and this only results in it instead trying to weight MP1 while it's in RPM Ctrl.

My head is full right now, you guys care to take a gander and see if you can point me in a good direction?
    Thanks
    Cant you just tweak when Op Stability mode kicks in in the enable table? You have load by RPM. Why not just set two top rows of 0 and 1500 rpms a load of 0.01 (essentially locking it out) and then leave stock rest of the table.

Also if you want to make sure you get into RPM control mode, you should probably raise the minimum VSS for idle to 2 or 3mph, And widen the error control range (raise Enable to 250 and disable to 25 or something close to that).
    Last edited by 06300CSRT8; 09-19-2017 at 09:58 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Hey guys. Been playing around with a Ghost Tune for my 17 mustang GT (Australian Model).

After about 10+ hours of playing around i finally got a somewhat stable tune going. I ended up following Gaprider and created a custom MP13 for the Ghost Tune.

For some reason though using VCM Scanner shows that Map Point 11 is being 99% used... Not sure why but it still seems to work.

I used the Snap to Point table and enabled MP13
    I then mapped the Optimum Stability 6 to 13

Then in Distance tables i mapped all of my 850RPM column to 6.0

A few other tweaks like idle control and VSS speeds and others and it seems to be quite stable now... It hasn't got as much of a LOPE as i had liked. Any suggestions are welcome!

I only opened my HP Tuners package 1 week ago so learning lots! The ghost tune was my first learning project!

Had a few DTC's to clear like (ABS, Power Steering etc.) but nothing i couldn't find searching through this forum for answers!

Tune posted.PingCo_Tune_MP13.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Cant you just tweak when Op Stability mode kicks in in the enable table? You have load by RPM. Why not just set two top rows of 0 and 1500 rpms a load of 0.01 (essentially locking it out) and then leave stock rest of the table.

Also if you want to make sure you get into RPM control mode, you should probably raise the minimum VSS for idle to 2 or 3mph, And widen the error control range (raise Enable to 250 and disable to 25 or something close to that).
    I just saw this, thanks! Let me see if I can apply
    Stock everything else

Just went through this thread.
    Can someone that's got the ghost tune mastered post a file?

There are a few good and stable ghost tune cals throughout the forum.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Quote Originally Posted by 15PSI View Post
    There are a few good and stable ghost tune cals throughout the forum.
    Link please

Has anyone successfully done a Ghost Cam with a PD blower?

Advanced Tuner
    Will this work the same way on 15-17’s?

Hey guys, I understand how the distance/array/mapped point tables get changed so you end up with a lopey idle. The change I don't understand, is why you seem to need to enable torque based decel. I'm looking to do this on a Control Pack strategy that has Torque Based Decel disabled. It already returns to idle perfectly so I'd like to not change this. What about torque based decel lets the car lope? Ultimately it's the cam timing of the commanded Mapped Point in the cam schedule at idle, that makes the car lope, so what does torque based decel have to do with anything? Is this change a result of those not setting up the tune properly so that the lopey idle mapped point is only referenced at idle, or not appropriately raising VCT limits?

Maybe this is just one of those things in the background we can't seem to see, idk. Ford disables Torque Based decel in the Boss 302 Track Key file with the lopey idle, so it looks like it can be done.
    Last edited by AKDMB; 06-27-2018 at 03:03 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDMB View Post

Maybe this is just one of those things in the background we can't seem to see, idk. Ford disables Torque Based decel in the Boss 302 Track Key file with the lopey idle, so it looks like it can be done.
    I wanted to do it the 'boss track key' way but was unsuccessful. If you review the tune, you'll see it uses the Emissions distance table for the lope. HP Tuners doesn't have any entry / exit emissions settings (though I REALLY wish they did).
    I've done the idle lope in emissions mode and it was awesome unfortunately it exits lol

Quote Originally Posted by AKDMB View Post

What about torque based decel lets the car lope?
    Torque based decel uses distance tables where-as adaptive idle does not (or is another thing we can't see/don't have control over with the HPT).

If you put these two ideas together & add the fact that Emissions mode overrides the other VCT modes (specifically adaptive idle in a stock tune), it's easy to see why Ford used it.

I could be 100% wrong about any of this so take it with a grain of salt as I'm a noob but this is what I believe is going on!

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    I wanted to do it the 'boss track key' way but was unsuccessful. If you review the tune, you'll see it uses the Emissions distance table for the lope. HP Tuners doesn't have any entry / exit emissions settings (though I REALLY wish they did).
    I've done the idle lope in emissions mode and it was awesome unfortunately it exits lol

Torque based decel uses distance tables where-as adaptive idle does not (or is another thing we can't see/don't have control over with the HPT).

If you put these two ideas together & add the fact that Emissions mode overrides the other VCT modes (specifically adaptive idle in a stock tune), it's easy to see why Ford used it.

I could be 100% wrong about any of this so take it with a grain of salt as I'm a noob but this is what I believe is going on!
    That makes sense to me. I noticed Ford using Emissions Reduction. We can see the tables that define the behavior of the cam schedules but we don't have much control over when the different schedules are active (haven't updated my software in while, they may have added them idk). I will look at making the switch to torque based decel on my strategy then, I wish there was a little more info out there on dialing those tables in.

Advanced Tuner
    I need to dial in my torque decel table, my 16 mustang likes to either stalls or rpms jump down so fast when you press the clutch in to down shift for a slow turn or when taking out of gear coming to a stop , rpms will lump way down and either stall or hunt for a idle for several seconds. im hoping that will solve it, just not sure how much to lower it

Advanced Tuner
    What's the real advantage here to using dashpot over torque based decel???

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    What's the real advantage here to using dashpot over torque based decel???
    As I understand it, there's more info out there on tuning dashpot. Also, you get to use a dedicated Spark Decel table.

Quote Originally Posted by Racerbox77 View Post
    Just went through this thread.
    Can someone that's got the ghost tune mastered post a file?
    I finally have a solid ghost cam tune, never tries to stall (even with AC on)and runs like normal when you touch the gas. I love it
    Its a 2013 GT, T56, 4.10 gears with longtubes. No cats because it dumps raw fuel down the exhaust when loping which will cause CAT overheating from trying to burn it all
    The more I learned by playing and logging, I found that less parameters needed changing.

Here's what worked for me.

• Set P/N idle RPM to 850
    • I use MP8 for the lope at idle, if you change cam angles for any mapped point then the speed density and torque tables for that mapped point will now be wrong so I didn't change any. Using MP8 is done in Op Stab tables explained below
    • Idle ctrl mode is in dashpot, not RPM ctrl - setting Idle>General>Min VSS to 0 does this for me. Tap the gas once right after you start the car and it should switch to dashpot idle ctrl (I do have tq decel enabled but I still have all dashpot parameters set to work from my dashpot tune-I don't know if this is necessary)
    • The cam lope won't happen until Emission Reduction times out and VCT schedule mode goes to Optimal Stability
    • Let Op Stab Mode handle all the lope idle stuff
      • Enable MP8 in Snap to Points
      • Fill Op Stab Mapped Points table with all 8s
      • Op Stab Max load table - set RPM x axis first three values to 750, 1000,1100RPMs and set max load at those RPMs to 0.3, leave the rest at 0.13. This will let it stay in Op Stab at idle only and able to transition to Fuel Econ above idle

• Set Best Drivability Min load table to all 5s to negate it
    • I have Airflow>Desired Air Mass>Desired Air Mass Idle Switch Enabled (don't know if this is necessary)
    • Spark- this seemed to have affects on two things:
      1. making the idle chop like I wanted, this takes lower spark advance
      2. staying on MP8

• lower the spark in the MBT and Borderline tables to 20 for 750,1000RPMs and loads 0.1 - 0.3 MAKE SURE TO CHANGE THOSE VALUES IN THE SPARK TABLES ON EITHER SIDE (SO MP7 AND MP9). THE ECU SEEMS TO ALWAYS LOOK AT SURROUNDING VALUES AND WHEN THEY ARE REALLY DIFFERENT, IT SEEMS RELUCTANT TO SETTLE ON ONE MAPPED POINT.
      • Here's where I found a mistake but the car does great. I chose MP8 for the lope idle but I changed the spark values in MP6,7,8 which puts MP7 in the middle. I will go back and target MP7 in the Op Stab table and see how it does.
      • Raise the Engine Diagnostics>Misfire Detection>Misfire Test RPM min to 1500RPM

• Idle airflow values are all stock

The car should chop at idle and when you touch the gas immediately smooth out and go to Fuel Econ and follow the fuel economy mapped points progression just like normal.
    While cruising it will be in Fuel Econ, when you let off the gas it will go to Op Stab.
    Hope I didn't miss anything and if someone wants to target MP7 instead of MP8 let me know how it worked out.
    C-01.06m-same as 06l but less PIDs changed from stock.hpt
    Last edited by GapRider; 08-01-2019 at 05:45 AM.
    Stock everything else

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you for updating the post