Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idle-Airflow config help

Potential Tuner

Idle-Airflow config help

I cannot figure out how to set up a RAF table in the new scanner. I have always used Russ K config but it's useless with this. Any help is appreciated.

These are my Gen III idle tuning files.

Russ Kemp
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Russ. Is there a way to make the chart look like the old one? I cannot figure out how to add gear p/n to the row axis.

Not sure what your asking. There is no gear or P/N for the desired airflow, you have to do an idle scan in gear, and a separate scan in P/N.

There is a STIT+LTIT in gear and a STIT+LTIT in P/N graph. And you will need my attached user Maths for this.

Russ Kemp
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    LOL your right...My brain is fried from trying to figuring this thing out today.

Tuner in Training
    Good info here.

Chris
    2004 Corvette
    2004 GTO
    2013 Yukon Denali XL

What is needed to open the .xml files?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rpturbo View Post
    What is needed to open the .xml files?
    If you get the window that says Cannot Open File. Incorrect Header BS, the best luck I've had is renaming the extension (the .xml part) to .cfg . Since I dont know what OS you are using, Google renaming file extension windows 7, 8 ect and follow the instructions. You will also have to go in and fix the axis break points if they are wrong.

I am on the newest update of 3.0 and I still have to do that. If there is a way to open xml's directly, I'd love to know as its a total pain in the ass to do it manually.

Tuner in Training
    .XML files are format which the scanner is looking for when you are importing a template. they really aren't made for you to open.

By all mean someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Chris
    2004 Corvette
    2004 GTO
    2013 Yukon Denali XL

Potential Tuner
    I know this thread has been sitting a little while, but this should help some people: For each of the files Russ posted you will open them in your scanner by clicking various open folder icons. For example; to get his graph file working in your layout, download it, put it in C:\Documents\HP Tuners\VCM Scanner\Graphs, open your scanner, Right click your Graphs tab, click on Graphs Layout, then in the upper left corner click the Open Layout File button. You may or may not want to remove whatever graphs you have in there first. You do similar steps for the Chart vs. Time tab, and the Channels tab. The Gauges are up to you. Hope this helps!

-Josh

Potential Tuner
    As a newbie I found this helpful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLW3RGSSD-g

Tuner in Training
    First.. Russ, thanks for sharing, but i cant seem to open the files. Can someone talk this newbie through?

Quote Originally Posted by irocbrninrubber View Post
    First.. Russ, thanks for sharing, but i cant seem to open the files. Can someone talk this newbie through?
    Save into corresponding folder in-

Documents > HP Tuners > VCM Scanner.

Then open the correct config for each section.

Tuner in Training
    Got it. Thanks Stevo

Tuner in Training
    NEWBIE here and was just playing with setting this up. The Config files don't have anything listed on the top graphs to plot. I see the in gear and park lower graphs, but are the top Desired idle supposed to long anything? Thanks

I am still learning to use my scanner. I have applied all the charts, graphs and channels. When I open the channels, the last one says unknown. Any tips to get it working. I did DL the maths

idle.JPG
    If you need pinouts for GM 98-09 PM me your email address with year, make, model and what you need.

2000 GMC Jimmy 6.0L w/ L92 heads and LS3 intake- Project has been parted.
    1998 Pontiac Firebird Formula 411 ecu swap/ 6.0L w/ L92 heads and LS3 intake 224/230 595/595 cam. SOLD
    2006 Blue TBSS, 403 w/ Magnuson 2300 and 4l80e swap.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdonald77 View Post
    I am still learning to use my scanner. I have applied all the charts, graphs and channels. When I open the channels, the last one says unknown. Any tips to get it working. I did DL the maths

idle.JPG
    Bump for this. I am having the same issue.

Tuner in Training
    Me too. Does anyone have the idle config for the 3.0?

thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by pat1 View Post
    Me too. Does anyone have the idle config for the 3.0?

thanks
    Check posts 2 and 4 above. They have the required channels, graphs, charts, and math parameters. You need to download those and place them into your HPtuners files Documents > HP Tuners > VCM Scanner. Just each one in its corresponding folder and when you open the scanner you can then open those channel configs and graphs.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by lanebaumann View Post
    Check posts 2 and 4 above. They have the required channels, graphs, charts, and math parameters. You need to download those and place them into your HPtuners files Documents > HP Tuners > VCM Scanner. Just each one in its corresponding folder and when you open the scanner you can then open those channel configs and graphs.
    That was easy, Thank you so much.