Thread: MPVI Pro upgrade

Tuner in Training

MPVI Pro upgrade

It looks like the FAQ needs to be updated since the MPVI2 Pro set is now available.

If I go through the upgrade process for $189, will I receive an MPVI2 pro with the pro cable link? Or will I need to purchase the cable separately? Also, if I have 2 GM credits left on my pro will they be converted to universal credits or do I need to use those on a vehicle before hand?

Can anyone confirm the MPVI2 works on 99-04 mustang GT's? I have 3 customers who would like me to tune theirs but a buddy with the MPVI2 says his will not connect to his 01 GT or his buddies 03 cobra. He said he thinks it needs something called an N gauge which appears to be old tech as its not FS on HPtuners anymore.

Tuner in Training
    I see now in a different section that the pro link cable is free.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes the MPVI2 supports older ford mustangs, you can find our supported vehicle list here https://www.hptuners.com/vehicles/
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Yes I saw them on the list. Not sure why my buddy cant tune his car with his MPVI2.

What if I have 2 GM credits on my MPVI Pro when I upgrade to the MPVI2 Pro? Will they become universal credits?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenson View Post
    What if I have 2 GM credits on my MPVI Pro when I upgrade to the MPVI2 Pro? Will they become universal credits?
    Yes.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"