Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First complete Dodge SRT4 tune and dyno numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmlights View Post
    what you need to try and do is disable the overboost tables and the torque put it all the way up. this will allow full control of boost be the WG duty cycle. I have been able to get the boost very consistent
    Yeah that's a really terrible idea and you won't have much success unless you only intend to use the top row of the WG DC table.

Tricking the PCM in such a crude way is just not needed if the WG DC table and tune is configured properly.

Quote Originally Posted by duster360 View Post
    Yeah that's a really terrible idea and you won't have much success unless you only intend to use the top row of the WG DC table.

Tricking the PCM in such a crude way is just not needed if the WG DC table and tune is configured properly.
    One thing you have to understand that this is still a Beta and there is still some stuff that is not avail so gotta try and do with what we can. We all know the right way to make it work but currently not working from what I see.

One thing you have to understand that this is still a Beta and there is still some stuff that is not avail so gotta try and do with what we can. We all know the right way to make it work but currently not working from what I see.
    From what I've seen the needed tables are there and if you have Diablo tool, you also have the correct PIDs. So the only thing missing is experience and expertise.

Destroying the Torque model to trick the PCM into a crude pseudo-boost controler is not at all worthwhile. You might as well just use a MBC until you've figured it out.
    Last edited by duster360; 09-11-2014 at 04:04 PM.

Tuner
    What is the max RPM you have taken it? Seems like is not taking the new RPM limits cant go pass 6300rpms, did you experience this issue DsmLights?

Advanced Tuner
    I can't speak for DSMLights, but I have been taking mine to 7350 regularly, and even went as far as 7500 at one point. The limiters seem to be working fine. You sure you're not running into maximum torque reduction mode by surpassing a boost limit? I was once running into that issue and was mistaking it for a buggy rev limiter. Boost often times (when talking larger turbos) tends to creep up as RPMs increase, so that could be something to look into.

i have tuned many srt already and all the built ones I have been taking them to 8000 RPM without issues

Tuner in Training
    Do any of you guys do e-mail tunes for HPT on the SRT 4

Tuner
    RPM limit Solved!

Tuner in Training
    Once I get my set up, I for sure have to come ask you guys some questions...

Quote Originally Posted by manny z View Post
    Once I get my set up, I for sure have to come ask you guys some questions...
    I got you covered manny, just shoot me an email if you have any questions.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by duster360 View Post
    I got you covered manny, just shoot me an email if you have any questions.
    Thanks bud. I should be able to get set up about the end of Dec.

Potential Tuner
    I am excited to be up in running in the next few weeks, I will be running my srt ecu on my 2.0. Hopefully I can get on a dyno after that.

I'm about to order HP tuners for my srt4. Stoked about learning to use HP.

I am also stoked about this new software! I ordered my HP the other day and signed up for a tuning class, car should make some big numbers.

Hey guys, Well I been working on a few cars tunes. I finally decided to finish my car.

Here are the mods list:
    3inch downpipe
    Front mount
    E85
    888 injectors
    fuel return
    and downpipe
    ported intake mani and 62mm TB
    3bar map/tip
    Other than the mod list, the car is stock motor

Why did you recently tell one of your customers Dan P that he needed a $300 Return line to bandaid a lean A/F even though he has nearly this same setup you list here?

He's come to me saying that you told him his Injectors are maxed out and he needs to go buy an expensive fuel system and then pay for a "retune".

I told him the same thing you should have told him: "If the injectors dutycycle was over 90% then there's other issues."
    20seconds after making a REAL datalog and testing WOT fuel pressure, the root cause for the missing fuel would be quite clear.
    Last edited by duster360; 12-24-2014 at 08:44 AM.