Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: MPVI1 USB driver installation

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're asking.

Have you installed VCM Suite?

What is asking you what you want to open the program with? What are you clicking on or trying to open?

Lots of people are willing to help but try to remember we can't see what you're seeing so a really good description or screenshots go a long way

Potential Tuner
    When I have it plugged into my car and try to run it. It wants to know what program to open VCM Suite with.

Potential Tuner
    Good morning everyone,

I am new to the forum, but have had a tuner for some time now. I am trying to install the MPVI drivers onto my newer computer and I keep getting and error code 52. This code says "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.(code 52)". I have tried to update the drivers over the internet and all it does is stay on the searching screen. I have also tried updating the drivers by search the cd and it says the drivers are up to date. Sorry this is long. Does anyone know what to do?

Potential Tuner
    purchased the MPVI 2 and whenever i connect it it goes to FTDI serial converter even the file that was sent with the MPVI2 it has only the VCM app and the FTDI file without all that so what should i do ?

Tuner in Training
    Got a new computer and Im having a repeated, very annoying issue.

The interface loses connection to the PC and then wont connect to vehicle.

With internet and the mpvi plugged in, I cannot resync the interface, it cannot be found.

Attached screenshot of drivers.

Restarting computer with network connection has fixed the problem at least once, so that I could resync...leave the MPVI plugged in though, and 3 hrs later it wont connect to my car again. I know it?s an interface to computer issue based on the behavior.

Any thoughts on how to avoid this behavior, or a sure fire way to correct it when it happens?

I am a computer novice beyond operating software.
    Attached Images Attached Images

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by adam112 View Post
    Got a new computer and Im having a repeated, very annoying issue.

The interface loses connection to the PC and then wont connect to vehicle.

With internet and the mpvi plugged in, I cannot resync the interface, it cannot be found.

Attached screenshot of drivers.

Restarting computer with network connection has fixed the problem at least once, so that I could resync...leave the MPVI plugged in though, and 3 hrs later it wont connect to my car again. I know it?s an interface to computer issue based on the behavior.

Any thoughts on how to avoid this behavior, or a sure fire way to correct it when it happens?

I am a computer novice beyond operating software.
    I would try on an alternate pc to rule out a pc issue, if you still have the issue I would suggest trying a new USB cable. If you are able to recreate the issue on two pc's with two different USB cables I would suggest contacting support and we can have you send in your interface for testing.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I would try on an alternate pc to rule out a pc issue, if you still have the issue I would suggest trying a new USB cable. If you are able to recreate the issue on two pc's with two different USB cables I would suggest contacting support and we can have you send in your interface for testing.
    Thanks so much for the response Bill.

I am leaning towards it being a PC issue at this point.

Are there any basic places to start looking at that fix though...(I know yall arent PC hardware people per se, Im just lost and not sure really how to even phrase my issue to people smarter than I on this subject)

It seems like my computer is kicking out the drivers, or similar, and decides to disconnect the MPVI (its not just this USB device that has been a little wonky on this new PC).

Another wrinkle...I restarted comp again with usb plugged in and on network cable. I could not resync the interface through scanner...go to editor and it resyncs right away, go back to scanner and it now sees the interface...weird?

Tuner in Training
    I just upgraded my laptop running windows 7 with a SSD hard drive and more Ram, tried to connect and got the "VCM Editor has encountered a problem...object inference not set to an interface of an object"
    Removed VCM Suite and deleted drivers, performed re-install and drivers {Drivers only appear when cable is plugged in?} Operating system still the same, but won't connect???
    I did the same on an older laptop running XP that I had HPtuner running on and it shows the drivers above the correct location and when I try to update them..it fails to perform that task, and just won't update?
    But I'm really more concerned with my newer laptop running windows 7....very frustrating. drivers are in correct spot, new install...and nothing...similiar issues
    Are the drivers store in the cable or supposed to be visible when cable is not plugged in?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverZ06 View Post
    I just upgraded my laptop running windows 7 with a SSD hard drive and more Ram, tried to connect and got the "VCM Editor has encountered a problem...object inference not set to an interface of an object"
    Removed VCM Suite and deleted drivers, performed re-install and drivers {Drivers only appear when cable is plugged in?} Operating system still the same, but won't connect???
    I did the same on an older laptop running XP that I had HPtuner running on and it shows the drivers above the correct location and when I try to update them..it fails to perform that task, and just won't update?
    But I'm really more concerned with my newer laptop running windows 7....very frustrating. drivers are in correct spot, new install...and nothing...similiar issues
    Are the drivers store in the cable or supposed to be visible when cable is not plugged in?
    Downloaded a newer { think it was 3.7 } version and boom, it works???

Potential Tuner
    I have a new laptop running windows 10, i have downloaded the BETA version, downloaded current drivers, opened Editor and connected interface MPVI pro, checked in application keys and there is no interface id number and no application key, there is no box to enter interface id and when i enter the application key nothing happens.

it shouldn't be this difficult to swap to a new laptop should it?

Tuner in Training
    I also got a new laptop with windows 10. Downloaded the most recent version of the Software and drivers. I keep getting an error that says the drivers did not install properly because they are corrupt or missing. Is there an different driver? I also tried all the other workarounds with deleting the drivers and reinstalling them.

the driver zip file I downloaded and unzipped is HPT FTDI Drivers 2.08.28 WHQL

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisxiv View Post
    I also got a new laptop with windows 10. Downloaded the most recent version of the Software and drivers. I keep getting an error that says the drivers did not install properly because they are corrupt or missing. Is there an different driver? I also tried all the other workarounds with deleting the drivers and reinstalling them.

the driver zip file I downloaded and unzipped is HPT FTDI Drivers 2.08.28 WHQL
    same problem here. 'Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing'
    {bad image}
    %hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x

Also, somewhere I saw Code 39.

I've uninstall the drivers several times, reinstalled them using auto driver install and by manually downloading them and installing them. The MPVI works fine on my desktop, it's just this laptop.

Any suggestions on what's going on?

Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, build 18363.959
    2008 F250 6.4 4x4 custom tuning, deleted, CAI, 4" down to 5" back, pretty much stock everywhere else. - PARTS OUT
    2008 F250 6.4 4x4 self rebuilt engine from above truck. 15% nozzles. Colt Stage 2 cam. Powerstroke Product heads. studded. etc....

Tuner in Training
    Just to follow up... I installed an older installation I had stored on my other laptop(after uninstalling the VCM suite and the drivers that weren't working)... This seemed to fix the issue and I was able to connect to the interface...

BUT the problem I'm having now is the older software cannot read any of my current tunes or configs on VCM Scanner(because they are from more recent versions of the HPT software). I get a prompt suggesting to update to the current version of the software because the tune file cannot be read... So after installing the updated version, I bet you can guess what happened..... Back to square one again! This has become beyond frustrating at this point! Support, please Help.

Potential Tuner
    Have an MPVI pro tuner for years now. works great, though my last laptop just died. Just bought a Microsoft surface book 3. Windows 10, i9- 10th gen, 16 gb ram and 256 ssd. Loaded everything, followed instructions, sticky notes, etc. multiple time and variations--- no luck on drivers or interface connectivity or ability to put my SN or App keys in. Thoughts, help or direction appreciated!!

Does it show up in device manager?
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Potential Tuner
    Have an MPVI pro tuner for years now. works great, though my last laptop just died. Just bought a Microsoft surface book 3. Windows 10, i9- 10th gen, 16 gb ram and 256 ssd. Loaded everything, followed instructions, sticky notes, etc. multiple time and variations--- no luck on drivers or interface connectivity or ability to put my SN or App keys in. Thoughts, help or direction appreciated!!

Potential Tuner
    It does and shows up as an error with a code 39. I've loaded this same unit on a dell before with windows 10 and had zero issues. Also, not sure how automatic the netframe updates are, but all of that seems to be in order. Lastly, I do have a Duramteric scanner (Porsche) loaded up, that works fine, though I may uninstall and see if HPT works.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodzfabrication View Post
    I bought a Surface Book 3 and was never able to get my MPVI interface to work with it. It showed up in device manager, but same as you, simply an error code. After messing around a long time with it, I replaced it with the MVPI2 and no problems since.
    2008 F250 6.4 4x4 custom tuning, deleted, CAI, 4" down to 5" back, pretty much stock everywhere else. - PARTS OUT
    2008 F250 6.4 4x4 self rebuilt engine from above truck. 15% nozzles. Colt Stage 2 cam. Powerstroke Product heads. studded. etc....

Potential Tuner
    Thinking the same, but I rarely use HPT and it worked fine on other machines.
    Also, I use analog (have pro version now) be cheaper to buy a used laptop than pay for all the upgraded hardware.

So no luck at all with your machine?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodzfabrication View Post
    Thinking the same, but I rarely use HPT and it worked fine on other machines.
    Also, I use analog (have pro version now) be cheaper to buy a used laptop than pay for all the upgraded hardware.

So no luck at all with your machine?
    Nope, no luck. I attempted many times to get it to work, but no dice. It worked on my Surface laptop but not the Book 3. I was bewildered and didn't receive any help on this forum about it.