Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Critique my tune please; '16 ZO6, Magnuson 2300

Tuner in Training
    I've got this tune about 95% there. Running very strong and driving like stock. I'm seeing a bit of a weird spark reduction under half throttle that I can't figure out. Can feel a little kick in the pants when it returns to commanded advance around 4k rpm. It's up to 8 degrees below commanded at times with no KR and I can't find any modifiers that are contributing. Is there any way to log what modifiers are active? Anybody have any other ideas on this?

Spark dip.PNG

It’s tq MANagnent advance!! Log it and confirm and I’ll tell ya where it’s coming from

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Ben you nailed it. Torque management advance is the culprit. It's actually fairly difficult to get to happen, very specific set of parameters to trigger it so not that big of a deal for overall drivability but I'd still love to get taken care of. I don't see any table labeled for that. Would you mind sharing the fix?

Home to work 2.hpl

TQ Mgmt Advance.PNG

TQ Mgmt Advance 2.PNG

TQ Mgmt Advance 3.PNG

I’ll tell you how to fix it without exactly telling you ... gen 5 is Big business for me, and you’re somewhat local to me and these “shops” most likely read everything I write ha and use it for self gain ha..

But it’s my nature to help people..

You’re tune is telling the ECU to pull power through Tq management advance, notice what throttle angle it’s doing so and commands more Tq, this will fix the problem

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    Ben, there are few throttle channels, which one should we pay attention to and should it be reading 100 at wot??

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HNK View Post
    Ben, there are few throttle channels, which one should we pay attention to and should it be reading 100 at wot??
    Accelerator Pedal Position and Throttle Position (non SAE for each).

Tuner in Training
    How do I adjust the rev hanging? After I rev it in neutral it is very slow to return to idle. I've noticed this while coasting, haven't tried it stationary yet.

Rev Hang.PNG