Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2007 TBSS tune.

Potential Tuner
    How much difference is there between the 2007 and 2008 TBSS tunes?

I'm looking at my stock 2008 tune versus BBA's 2007 tune, and wondering where I'll be able to copy/paste, and where I'll need to be careful, etc.

Is all of the tranny section the same since it's the same transmission setup / TCM?

Senior Tuner
    You need to first compare my tune to a stock 2007 tune, see the changes and then modify your stock 2008 tune in the same fashion. You will probably have to tweak some afterward but I have done the same method of modifying tunes for several year cars, GTO's, Vettes, TBSSs, Avalanches...etc...and all have the same kind of results.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePiss
    How did you arrive at this tune and what are your mods?
    I arrived with it via experimentation of single tables then combinations of tables and direct observation of pids. It was a hobby to make it better and it worked out nicely.

My mods are opened up airflow to the filter, insulated MAF and removed rear hood seal to increase airflow underhood. That's it, nothing else.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rrmccabe
    Where did that come from? I am not doubting its a good tune so dont get me wrong. I think its great that you have shared it witht he masses.

But 40 wheel HP over the competitors?? Did I miss something?

Good Job BBA. I think you have messed with every table there is. haha

Rich

From the dyno results speedmaster posted. 374 RWHP after my tune, 33x RWHP before my tune (same mods otherwise) The link is posted in this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by BBA
    From the dyno results speedmaster posted. 374 RWHP after my tune, 33x RWHP before my tune (same mods otherwise) The link is posted in this thread...
    OK, I saw the thread when it came out but did not remember him having a previous tune. Guess I need to go reread it.

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Good Job BBA. I think you have messed with every table there is. haha
    Hehe ... I do the same thing when I'm experimenting on my own cars for learning purposes. There's more than one way to do some stuff, but BBA does a good job of putting changes together that complement each other well.

Tuner in Training carseat-qatar's Avatar
    BBA can i use and apply your tuned to Chevy Tahoe 2008 model?because i notice that it also Category as GenIV trucks same category for Chevy TBSS.

New in HP tuning just got the VCM Suite Pro last week and were trying to introduce HP Tuners here in Qatar.

Thanks

Tuner in Training carseat-qatar's Avatar
    BBA my mistake it was Chevy Tahoe 2007 model which i think more similarity for your TBSS 07?tnxs

Senior Tuner
    My recommendation is to compare a stock 2007 TBSS tune to mine, see where the differences are and mimick the differences on your Tahoe tune. Do not directly use my values, instead, from the comparison, change your values in the same manner proportionately.

Remember, always scan and log and adjust to eliminate any KR that shows up. Trans shift MPH settings will also differ, not to mention the fact that you sometimes we had to decrease MPH and RPM shiftpoints to keep from over-revving on WOT shifts, seems to be common with the A4's.

Potential Tuner
    BBA have you ever tuned for the ADM 100mm MAF intake for the TBSS?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by quen_gta2
    BBA have you ever tuned for the ADM 100mm MAF intake for the TBSS?
    I tuned one for a C5 Corvette. Had to do both VE and MAF tune to get the trims down and not throwing any emmissions codes.

Potential Tuner
    Here's my attempt to port your 2007 tune to my 2008 TBSS AWD.

I've posted the tune and a few short log files. I will get some highway time in tonight.

PLEASE feel free to comment, critique, or offer suggestions on better parameters. A few things have changed with the 2008 version, so I took that into account.

Also, I'm getting a bit of knock (up to 3 degrees of KR) at 4200 rpm if you look at the log #2.

Potential Tuner
    Here are two longer highway runs, as promised.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by theta
    Here's my attempt to port your 2007 tune to my 2008 TBSS AWD.

I've posted the tune and a few short log files. I will get some highway time in tonight.

PLEASE feel free to comment, critique, or offer suggestions on better parameters. A few things have changed with the 2008 version, so I took that into account.

Also, I'm getting a bit of knock (up to 3 degrees of KR) at 4200 rpm if you look at the log #2.

I would recommend adjusting the timing tables a little to eliminate those KR spots, then you will be set.

I did not look at your tune since I have not installed the new version of HPT yet on my desktop. I'll do that tomorrow maybe and take a peek at it.

I'll be trying this tune on my friends TBSS I'll let you know the results.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BBA
    I tuned one for a C5 Corvette. Had to do both VE and MAF tune to get the trims down and not throwing any emmissions codes.
    Aren't you doing a VE tune first, then MAF tune second no matter what mods you have, even if it's just a CAI or cat back? That should get the STFT's in line which will bring LTFT's in even closer. Then tune the timing, WOT fuel, trans shifting, etc. At least that's the method I've gleaned from reading varous posts and books... but always willing to hear another method.
    Scott Braemer
    2000 NHRA Trans Am - LS1
    2006 Trailblazer SS - LS2
    2008 GMC Sierra Denali - L92

Tuner in Training
    BBA did you get a chance to take look at the tune? Theta did you get everything worked out on it? I would love to take a look at it because I should have my HP tuner for my 08 any day now.

Potential Tuner
    wish this tune would work with my Kooks longtubes

BBA,

I have seen you around, but didn't realize you've freewared your tune.

First off, thanks!!!

Second, you've made up my mind on getting HPT that's for sure!

I'm "vendor" tuned right now and am extremely happy, but want to tinker.

I just did a 0-60 run and the TBSS shifted at 65xx rpm, and I'm a little uneasy about that high of a rev on the ls2...unless someone can correct/reasure me.

Also, how does this tune fair in a 2007 AWD tbss?

-Mike

Senior Tuner
    I think I may have found a fix for high rev issue. I set the WOT to shift at 6200 RPM (factory tune is 6400 RPM shift) and sometimes it still hits well above that if you go from part throttle to WOT kickdown. WOT runs from start shift at 6200 RPM though.

I read a post that the gen 3 PCM's do this as well and someone said they cured it by setting the part throttle shift MPH values to the same as the WOT shift MPH values at the 100% or near 100% throttle ranges.

I will be playing with mine this weekend to see if it makes a difference.

BTW: This tune makes a night and day difference in 2007 AWD (which I have). The good thing is it won't break your trans on too hard of a WOT shift like many tunes.
    Last edited by BBA; 10-25-2008 at 06:16 AM.