Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interface DEAD

Potential Tuner

Interface DEAD

Hello All,

My interface suddenly stopped communicating. Tried multiple resyncs, different cables, BT, multiple cars. Nothing seems to work. It attempts to gather info in both scanner and editor and gives the error that it is unable to communicate with the module. Emails to support have went silent for two days. Very frustrating. Any help or ideas??? thanks!!

Guy

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    What is your support ticket number?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    166971, thanks!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    looks like Corey replied to your ticket several days ago requesting a vcm suite infolog which you haven't yet supplied.

Potential Tuner
    Sent it three times......I will try a fourth time, thanks! I also sent the same info to Eric as well since the site opened two tickets by accident
    I do appreciate the help but this is seriously frustrating

Potential Tuner
    Just sent again and cc'd you on it as well. Thank you!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You keep sending things other than the vcm suite infolog, without it we are unable to troubleshoot any further.

Potential Tuner
    Just sent again. Thanks for your patience.

Potential Tuner
    Bill, any update? Corey informed me that your system was down on Tuesday which accounted for the delay. I need a resolution please.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySava View Post
    Bill, any update? Corey informed me that your system was down on Tuesday which accounted for the delay. I need a resolution please.
    Its currently in our software designers work in queue, he is out of the office until monday at which time I would suspect a response back.

Potential Tuner

My MPVI2 is doing the same.

Hey Bill,

My MPVI2 interface is not working. I tried different USB cables and nothing. The interface was working just fine last week. Then, I went to plug it in to a car that I was going to do some tuning on it, and my VCM cannot detect interface. I've tried both the VCM and VCM beta, still nothing. What is the fix and is there any warranty on these interface? Will my licensed vehicles transfer to a new MPVI2 if I purchase another one?

By the way, I have submitted two tickets on this, but still haven't heard anything back yet.

Thanks

Tee

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by AGP-Tee View Post
    Hey Bill,

My MPVI2 interface is not working. I tried different USB cables and nothing. The interface was working just fine last week. Then, I went to plug it in to a car that I was going to do some tuning on it, and my VCM cannot detect interface. I've tried both the VCM and VCM beta, still nothing. What is the fix and is there any warranty on these interface? Will my licensed vehicles transfer to a new MPVI2 if I purchase another one?

By the way, I have submitted two tickets on this, but still haven't heard anything back yet.

Thanks

Tee
    What are your ticket numbers? I'll be happy to look into them tomorrow.

Advanced Tuner
    Same issues with mine. Mine seemed to act up whenever I updated the firmware. Tried another cable with no luck. I tried a bench harness on my E38 and same result. Ford truck fails midwrite Everytime. On the second go around it takes. GM with E38 has issues detecting and it won't do anything with my 2008 mustang. I hope it's something fixable with software.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    What are your ticket numbers? I'll be happy to look into them tomorrow.
    Hey Bill,

I submitted another ticket. Here is my ticket number: 184542.

Thanks buddy and enjoy your weekend.

Tee

Quote Originally Posted by momotunes View Post
    Same issues with mine. Mine seemed to act up whenever I updated the firmware. Tried another cable with no luck. I tried a bench harness on my E38 and same result. Ford truck fails midwrite Everytime. On the second go around it takes. GM with E38 has issues detecting and it won't do anything with my 2008 mustang. I hope it's something fixable with software.
    Mine is doing something very similar. It also started after the update. Fails first flash on my 2018 f-250 then i retry and it works, It'll fail every time almost on certain USB ports but one is better than others. I've tried new cables, different PCs, and 10 different USB ports. It seems fine when pulling tunes or data logging but not so much for writing. I've lost confidence and would really hate to brick a ECU because of it.

I had the same thing happen to me.
    I still haven't figured it completely out yet.. I did load the software in to another computer, and it started to work like normal.....and still is.

Something to try.

Keith

Advanced Tuner
    Well I tried a different computer with a fresh install and the scanner hooks up with no issues now. So weird. It still was failing midwrite but this time would fail at 96 percent vs like 27-55 percent. As a test I loaded the stock tune and it went first time. Modified stock to match want I had and the next two writes it went without any issues?? Maybe a bug in the tune file I had??? Haven't tried reading the Stang again but maybe it was a combination issue between the computer and the file I was using.

Potential Tuner
    Well I tried a different computer with a fresh install and the scanner hooks up with no issues now. So weird. It still was failing midwrite but this time would fail at 96 percent vs like 27-55 percent. As a test I loaded the stock tune and it went first time. Modified stock to match want I had and the next two writes it went without any issues?? Maybe a bug in the tune file I had??? Haven't tried reading the Stang again but maybe it was a combination issue between the computer and the file I was using.
    So, It turned out there's a bug with windows 10. I disabled the "driver signature enforcement" and my interface started working again. If anyone is having issues with MPVI2 interface not found, I highly recommend turning off the driver signature enforcement in windows 10. Here's a link if anyone is not sure on what to do.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/disab...cement-windows

Tee

Advanced Tuner
    Well I owe you a huge thank you AGP-Tee. It started acting up again. Followed the directions you provided and it's been smooth ever since. Really appreciate the information!

Potential Tuner
    Well I owe you a huge thank you AGP-Tee. It started acting up again. Followed the directions you provided and it's been smooth ever since. Really appreciate the information!
    You are welcomed. Windows 10 is also affecting a few of my other tuning programs aswell, just an FYI. Basically, it doesn't recognize any of the drivers. So, the only way is to uninstall the driver, disable signature enforcement, and reinstall the driver. Works like a charm. Hope this help anyone who's having issue with other tuning softwares aswell.