Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 f150 eco 3.5 ethanol logging

2017 f150 eco 3.5 ethanol logging

anyone know where this is the scanner. I'm trying to see what the ethanol % is in the fuel.
    2002 Camaro SS, Twin S480s
    2006 Corvette C6, Twin Turbo
    1991 GMC Syclone, LS/AWD/AC

Potential Tuner
    I know factory scan tool is ffinf- flex fuel inferred

thank you for the help, I don't see it in the latest beta.

Advanced Tuner
    I am pretty sure any ecoboost will not be able to read ethanol content due to its inability to be a flex fuel vehicle with factory components. I could be wrong, but I believe the naturally aspirated engines are the only ones with this ability.

Kris

Tuner in Training
    Flex fuel logic is there on the 15+ ecoboost PCMs, just not enabled. SCT has the switch visible. When I enabled it I could log ethanol content. Ethanol content is inferred based on feedback from the o2 sensors. Eric said the required parameters are on his to do list.

Quote Originally Posted by sc544x4f150 View Post
    Flex fuel logic is there on the 15+ ecoboost PCMs, just not enabled. SCT has the switch visible. When I enabled it I could log ethanol content. Ethanol content is inferred based on feedback from the o2 sensors. Eric said the required parameters are on his to do list.
    that would be awesome. then you can just add what ever amount of E85 and not have to worry about changing the stoich setting.

any update on the ethanol content

Alcohol Percent is not loggable unless the vehicle has flex fuel enabled. If it does, a Repoll For Supported Parameters should pick it up.
    Even so, on Ford this is an inferred value from the inference logic which needs to be calibrated.

None of the Ecoboosts I'm aware of currently have any of the Flex Fuel stuff shown. There's a lot left uncalibrated on an Ecoboost in the Flex Fuel tables, and so its a project to get it calibrated and running. I know its something on the table that we want to support, but no ETA.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    Alcohol Percent is not loggable unless the vehicle has flex fuel enabled. If it does, a Repoll For Supported Parameters should pick it up.
    Even so, on Ford this is an inferred value from the inference logic which needs to be calibrated.

None of the Ecoboosts I'm aware of currently have any of the Flex Fuel stuff shown. There's a lot left uncalibrated on an Ecoboost in the Flex Fuel tables, and so its a project to get it calibrated and running. I know its something on the table that we want to support, but no ETA.
    how about now? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post

How about now?

Tuner in Training
    the ford vehicles themselves dont have a ethanol content sensor in them, they read the fuel trims and adjust based off that for ethanol, so while you can enable FF you will have to populate the data, so i believe. fuelRS.png

Quote Originally Posted by timskmperf View Post
    the ford vehicles themselves dont have a ethanol content sensor in them, they read the fuel trims and adjust based off that for ethanol, so while you can enable FF you will have to populate the data, so i believe. fuelRS.png
    that's not really the answer to a question being asked.

Tuner in Training
    I see a good amount of the parameters were added for flex fuel for my vehicle. I may turn it on and try adjusting the parameters to get it to infer the ethanol content correctly. When I tried it with SCT years ago it would assume 100% ethanol content right away and run extremely rich.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    that's not really the answer to a question being asked.
    It kind of is. You can enable Flex Fuel and ethanol content is able to be logged.

Now... it's utterly and completely useless, because you haven't configured any of the other parameters.

These parameters are now active, at least in gen2+ stuff. I have it fully functional working perfectly.

Tuner in Training
    So I've been trying to get this to work now on my 2016 F150 3.5. The inferred AFR status will never mature. It always shows as actively learning in the scanner. I went back to a stock tune I just filled out any flex fuel table and enabled it. I tried opening the stability window and minimizing the time for it to mature and it doesn't seem to affect anything. I've attached the two tunes and logs of those. Not sure why it's not maturing.

stock with flex fuel.hpl
    stock with flex fuel.hpt
    stock with flex fuel max.hpl
    stock with flex fuel max.hpt

Tuner
    So I've been trying to get this to work now on my 2016 F150 3.5. The inferred AFR status will never mature. It always shows as actively learning in the scanner. I went back to a stock tune I just filled out any flex fuel table and enabled it. I tried opening the stability window and minimizing the time for it to mature and it doesn't seem to affect anything. I've attached the two tunes and logs of those. Not sure why it's not maturing.

stock with flex fuel.hpl
    stock with flex fuel.hpt
    stock with flex fuel max.hpl
    stock with flex fuel max.hpt
    Your Inference [21230] and Closed Loop Table [11525] are not properly setup. Your Y-axis values 9.0 and 14.6 with 100 to 0 percent are to broad for accurate and fast alc.-content calculation.
    They should look soemthing in this direction:
    alc.JPG

Tuner in Training
    Used those exact values and had no luck. 160 miles later and inferred AFR status is still "actively learning". I'll get a log on the way home today.

Used those exact values and had no luck. 160 miles later and inferred AFR status is still "actively learning". I'll get a log on the way home today.
    In the "flex fuel max" tune, try raising airmass max value to something like 10 or 12 lb/min under the flex fuel tab.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    In the "flex fuel max" tune, try raising airmass max value to something like 10 or 12 lb/min under the flex fuel tab.
    Yes correct, and also do not set the time to infer to 0. I figgured that it will not mature if anything below 1 is set in this field. On our 18 F-150 time is 20s and Ego is set to 5 Stock, works for me.

Tuner in Training
    Used the values pictured. Still no luck even after my 120 mile commute this morning. Seems like we are still missing something for the gen 1 3.5s.

flex fuel.png

flex fuel max 4.hpl