Thread: need help and tune

Tuner in Training

Question need help and tune

hey guys there seams to be a lot of people here that are much better at this part than me. I have a 2000 corvette with an ls1 it has previously been all gone through before I bought it. It has a pretty big cam you can def hear it at idle, full exhaust with long tube headers, patriot aluminum heads been ported and polished, and has a tune in it from before I bought it but I just added an A&A supercharger v3 with a 3.8 8 rib an atomic 103mm intake with throttle body added 60lb injectors added an accel thumper 700 hp at .ff 900 hp at .45 fuel pump and im going to be running a 2 stage nitrous system. so I am about ready to fire this new beast up but I need to feed it a tune before hand. is there anyone that can help me or point me in the right direction because im dieing to go make my older brother have the 2nd fastest vette in our family!! and our race nite is coming on wed!!:doh

To be honest, you are better off putting it straight on a trailer and to a shop that does this stuff for a living.

I mean if you have magic hands and will know all the things to change just to make it run even with the help from us, you could try it. No way this is up and ready to go 4 days from now without a ton of time dialing it in on a dyno.

If you want to try anything, input the correct injector data for the new injectors. Probably have to adjust the base running airflow and change the settings for the throttle body.

Upgrade the operating system if possible to a 2 bar or 3 bar speed density OS. Assuming the MAF is now gone because it's really tiny and you'll max the HZ range in no time, you'll need to fail the MAF sensor and make it speed density only.

And then pray it starts.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    To be honest, you are better off putting it straight on a trailer and to a shop that does this stuff for a living.

I mean if you have magic hands and will know all the things to change just to make it run even with the help from us, you could try it. No way this is up and ready to go 4 days from now without a ton of time dialing it in on a dyno.

If you want to try anything, input the correct injector data for the new injectors. Probably have to adjust the base running airflow and change the settings for the throttle body.

Upgrade the operating system if possible to a 2 bar or 3 bar speed density OS. Assuming the MAF is now gone because it's really tiny and you'll max the HZ range in no time, you'll need to fail the MAF sensor and make it speed density only.

And then pray it starts.
    ya I def agree I called 5-7 dyno tuners in my area and they all said like a month out except this one place I might be able to sneak it in. I didn't know if there was any chance of getting it done myself and I know I don't have magical enough fingers for this but I might try and then have it approved by a pro for sure. thank you for your advice

Do you have a Wideband??

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C