Thread: Porsche GT3 Panel Template

Potential Tuner

Porsche GT3 Panel Template

Please let me know if you find bugs. Working great on my machines.

Project-GT3.rrt

Screenshot-GT3_Template.png

Advanced Tuner
    Looks awesome! I love how you were able to capture the 3D aspect of the sunken gauges.

Do you have a picture of your gauge cluster and what a lap list might look like there? I think with a little tweak there to style the default lap list to look a little more Porsche-esque, it could look truly epic. I'd be willing to give it a go (in a little bit) if you post some pictures. Maybe something like the second gauge from the right here?

1165692d1494784014-white-gauges-img_2400.jpg

Also, not a huge deal, but you might be able to move the "Embedded Image" in the tachometer to below the "Tachometer - 002" so that it doesn't appear on top of the needles, but since the needles are slightly transparent anyway, then it probably doesn't make a huge difference.

Potential Tuner

Thanks HoboBob-Love your idea!

Quote Originally Posted by HoboBob View Post
    Looks awesome! I love how you were able to capture the 3D aspect of the sunken gauges.

Thank you.

Do you have a picture of your gauge cluster and what a lap list might look like there? I think with a little tweak there to style the default lap list to look a little more Porsche-esque, it could look truly epic. I'd be willing to give it a go (in a little bit) if you post some pictures. Maybe something like the second gauge from the right here?

I think using the Porsche style for the laplist is an awesome idea. This was my first go at one of these and the deeper I dig I am realizing how powerful, and customizable this program is. My panel doesnt really have a laplist so perhaps harvesting the look/feel of that guage you referenced is a good start. Thoughts?

1165692d1494784014-white-gauges-img_2400.jpg

Also, not a huge deal, but you might be able to move the "Embedded Image" in the tachometer to below the "Tachometer - 002" so that it doesn't appear on top of the needles, but since the needles are slightly transparent anyway, then it probably doesn't make a huge difference.

Honestly, I tried and I was not successful. When I changed the layer it would disappear. The needle "layer" was befuddling and I just moved forward leaving it as an issue that would resolve as I learned more. Ill dig deeper on this.
    I would be honored if you would leverage my efforts and move and improve the design. -VT

Potential Tuner

RaceRender Autocross Video using GT3 Gauge Template

Used TrackAddict/RaceRender with this GT3 Instrumentation.

This is my first data over-layed video of an event using a setup with: TrackAddict for iOS on iPhone 8, RaceRender 3.7.3 for OSX, GoPro (original Hero), GoPro 4 Silver, iPhone 8 video, Dual 160GPS, Kiwi 3 ODBII Data. I created the GT3 Style Panel using the powerful tools in RaceRender.

https://youtu.be/rJFgg3EgQCw

Old enough to say this and mean it: "Comments appreciated".

I am curious about the low throttle indication(s) on my vertical throttle gauge during the run. I am sure that my relative throttle usage was much higher at many spots on the course. Any ideas?

VT

Advanced Tuner
    I like it!

Yeah, the throttle seems to be off a bit from the exhaust noise. I know on my car that there's about 4-5 different "Accelerator position" PIDs that I can choose from; so I just picked one that seemed to give reasonably repeatable results (by just sitting in my driveway and blipping the throttle several times and seeing which ones actually worked well). Mine also only goes from about 7.8 at the lowest to 64.5 at the highest. So, I updated my bar graph to have a range from those values so that it looks closer to 0% and 100%.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboBob View Post
    I like it!

Yeah, the throttle seems to be off a bit from the exhaust noise. I know on my car that there's about 4-5 different "Accelerator position" PIDs that I can choose from; so I just picked one that seemed to give reasonably repeatable results (by just sitting in my driveway and blipping the throttle several times and seeing which ones actually worked well). Mine also only goes from about 7.8 at the lowest to 64.5 at the highest. So, I updated my bar graph to have a range from those values so that it looks closer to 0% and 100%.
    I knew you would have a solution for that, HoboBob! Awesome. I'm going to try that!

Advanced Tuner
    Give this one a shot:
    Project - GT3.rrt
    Lap List - GT3.rro

It should look something like:
    GT3.jpg

I updated it to have a HoldTime variable in the Background Script which will be the time in seconds to display the previous lap instead of showing the next lap. It's currently set to 20 seconds. This should make it look like it stopped at the end of your run instead of starting a new lap as soon as you cross the finish line. This should work well for autocross, but if you want to use it for a circuit track, then you'll probably want to set that to 0 so that you can start seeing the time of the next lap.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Very nice guys -- heading up to run US 129 and many of the surrounding roads in TN & NC this coming weekend, will def use this template for videos I make during the trip -- I may modify to resemble the 987 instrument cluster.

Potential Tuner
    Great work, Hobobob.

Potential Tuner
    Looking forward to seeing your overlay 987_CS!

Potential Tuner
    Hey guys, I did some more mods on that...

it's now for regular Carrera 991.2 but with KM/H
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by igorossa View Post
    Hey guys, I did some more mods on that...

it's now for regular Carrera 991.2 but with KM/H
    Looks great!

Potential Tuner
    just got a 2015 991 GT3 and I want to add a tune, does anyone have one already done or can help me make the tune? I have the hp tunner mpvi3 here at the shop

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dietersmotors View Post
    just got a 2015 991 GT3 and I want to add a tune, does anyone have one already done or can help me make the tune? I have the hp tunner mpvi3 here at the shop
    This isn't the right forum for getting a tune. You might find what you want here: https://forum.hptuners.com/forumdisp...4-Other-Tuning