Thread: e85 on 2014 gt ????

e85 on 2014 gt ????

had a quick question on updating a 2014 5.0 gt to e85, so I haven't messed a whole lot with fords and wondering if anyone can assist a bit
    on adding 47lb injectors and going e85??
    been doing some research but id just want to get some input from you guys as well. car is stock just wanting to update it a bit.

Advanced Tuner
    there is a thread devoted to flex fuel tuning with files you can use to help guide you, search bar is on the top left of the forum

Thanks man gonna give that a shot

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    search bar is on the top left of the forum
    Top left?

Advanced Tuner
    I did this on a 2014 GT, no power at all on dyno, we put it back on gasoline.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRRPMBRP View Post
    I did this on a 2014 GT, no power at all on dyno, we put it back on gasoline.
    Same timing? Typically decent gains can be found by shoving in more timing on a vehicle running E85.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Same timing? Typically decent gains can be found by shoving in more timing on a vehicle running E85.
    We tried different timing, dialed fuel in, nothing. On motors that aren't knock limited, e85 doesn't help power. I may could see some slight power on hot days or something, from a lower iat, though, here, on that day, nothing, not worth the hassle.

Advanced Tuner
    The highest I've seen with this gas around here is 26.5 degrees. I hooked up to my friends 07 silverado and his ethanol pid said 3%. I guess that would explain it? Can I enable flex fuel just to get the ethanol content channel?

No our cars don’t have an ethanol sensor. Only way to tell is by lambda.
    Also to make the switch first change stoich AFR. I have mine at 8.85 and then depending on mode goto MAF and add 30-50% fueling. Drive and adjust as needed then you can start playing with timing. Gains on E85 N/A cars usually shine under the curve as you can ram more timing down low for that extra grunt off the line.

Meh, customers think E85 in their basic bolt Coyote makes it magically more powerful, so I give them what they ask for. I'm sick and tired of having to explain it to them.

MRRPMBRP is just confirming what a lot of us already knew.

Most all NA Coyotes hit the peak gains from timing advance before they hit the knock limit of 93 octane.

As hard as it is to find reliable E85 sources, I try to "encourage" my clients not to waste their time. If they really want it badly, I'll recommend a flex fuel tune if they are NA.

As for the boosted cars, I recommend E85 and a 93 tune so they can switch back and forth. Boost + E85 + Timing = win
    2013 Mustang GT - Twin Turbo
    2016 Mustang GT
    2011 Suburban Z71 - Tow Machine

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Stewart View Post
    Meh, customers think E85 in their basic bolt Coyote makes it magically more powerful, so I give them what they ask for. I'm sick and tired of having to explain it to them.

MRRPMBRP is just confirming what a lot of us already knew.

Most all NA Coyotes hit the peak gains from timing advance before they hit the knock limit of 93 octane.

As hard as it is to find reliable E85 sources, I try to "encourage" my clients not to waste their time. If they really want it badly, I'll recommend a flex fuel tune if they are NA.

As for the boosted cars, I recommend E85 and a 93 tune so they can switch back and forth. Boost + E85 + Timing = win
    Yep, maybe a little E85 laced with nitro would help power.
    Or maybe a 15:1 compression motor.