Thread: colorado e67 v8 need help injector data

Potential Tuner

colorado e67 v8 need help injector data

I need help putting the data injectors correctly from the e38 into an e67. In the flow rate vs press of the e67 I don't have the same rows as the e38 (18.6 to 111.4 vs 18.6 to 92.8) and in the ctsv the pressure delta is almost static while the e38 is linear Same thing for the offset vs press vs ignv the rows are not the same... it is a swap of 4.8l silverado in a colorado 2008 with a tune of ctsv 2007 so that the cluster communicates with the serial. 4.8 is completely stock. I post the tunes if someone can help me please...

2007 cadillac ctsv 6.0l stock.hpt
    2007 cadillac ctsv 6.0l step9sd.hpt
    2010 chevy silverado 4.8l e38 stock.hpt

The 2007 did not have a FPCM, and used a fixed 58 PSI rail pressure at all times, and did not have boost (above atmospheric), so it's only ever able to see a pressure delta range of 400 kPa (at WOT) to 480 kPa (highest possible manifold vacuum). Sections of the table that will never be reached do not need to be populated with valid data, those are essentially just placeholders.

In later ECMs that were used with FPCMs and variable rail pressure, the tables are fully populated with real data. But even those will never realistically ever reach either extreme end of the table.

You will be just fine copying the E38's 408 kPa column and pasting into your E67's 400 kPa column, and 488 kPa into your 480 kPa column, and then interpolating horizontally. Do the same for the Offset vs Press vs IGNV table. If you do not have boost you will never hit the columns to the left of 400 kPa, and if you never have a rail pressure higher than 58 PSI you'll never hit any of the columns to the right of 480 kPa.

Short Pulse Adder tables are the same format so that one can be done by direct copy & paste.

Potential Tuner
    thank you blindsquirrel!!! i appreciate your help!! i ll try it tomorrow and I'll get back to you if that solved my problem.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    The 2007 did not have a FPCM, and used a fixed 58 PSI rail pressure at all times, and did not have boost (above atmospheric), so it's only ever able to see a pressure delta range of 400 kPa (at WOT) to 480 kPa (highest possible manifold vacuum). Sections of the table that will never be reached do not need to be populated with valid data, those are essentially just placeholders.

In later ECMs that were used with FPCMs and variable rail pressure, the tables are fully populated with real data. But even those will never realistically ever reach either extreme end of the table.

You will be just fine copying the E38's 408 kPa column and pasting into your E67's 400 kPa column, and 488 kPa into your 480 kPa column, and then interpolating horizontally. Do the same for the Offset vs Press vs IGNV table. If you do not have boost you will never hit the columns to the left of 400 kPa, and if you never have a rail pressure higher than 58 PSI you'll never hit any of the columns to the right of 480 kPa.

Short Pulse Adder tables are the same format so that one can be done by direct copy & paste.
    Copy w/ labels and paste is a good tool for this.

If you zero the target table first.. then paste with labels you'll see where your missing data and you can interpolate manually or with the smoothing tools.

All of this isn't perfect but good enough.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Copy w/ labels and paste is a good tool for this.

If you zero the target table first.. then paste with labels you'll see where your missing data and you can interpolate manually or with the smoothing tools.

All of this isn't perfect but good enough.
    Wow, I... had no idea. I knew that was in the menu but just assumed it wouldn't do anything on tables without editable axes.

Potential Tuner
    here is where I am ... I did as blindsquirrel said I copied the columns that match 4.8 2010 in my tune of ctsv 2007 "offset vs press vs ignv" and I interpolated between the columns horizontally. Then I played with the flow rate in "flow rate vs pressure delta" table. But to arrive at a correct calibration ( i tune with ltft+stft for now) of my injectors do I have to play with the "flow rate vs press delta" or with the "offset vs press vs ignv"? And thanks Alvin for the copy with label thing.. i was thinking like blindsquirrel!!

2007 cadillac ctsv 6.0l step17sd.hpt
    2007 ctsv step17sd.hpl
    Last edited by HPdaveLS; 01-27-2023 at 05:47 AM.

58lb-hr at 480kPa delta? Are you sure? Might want to recheck the E38 file on that flow rate table. Offset table looks OK.

Do not use injector data for tuning. It is set-and-forget, much like MAP or IAT sensor specs or cylinder volume.

Potential Tuner
    58lb-hr at 480kPa delta? Are you sure? Might want to recheck the E38 file on that flow rate table. Offset table looks OK.

Do not use injector data for tuning. It is set-and-forget, much like MAP or IAT sensor specs or cylinder volume.
    ok I did my homework and put the data from the e38 injector flow into the tune of the ctsv. I took the data from the columns that matched and then interpolated between them. but when I do that it gets extremely rich -20 to -25% in the fuel trim. I checked the pressure with my pico transducer to be sure and I have 58psi, no exhaust leaks, the o2s are new, the purge valve is not sticking open. the injectors do not leak, the engine oil is not contaminated by fuel ... etc ... And to try I removed 25% of the entire virtual VE table (I had copied that of the 4.8l e38 in that of the ctsv) and it doesn't change anything!?. .. what is wrong with my tune or what data is not entered correctly? If anyone can help me please

2007 ctsv step19sd.hpl
    2007 cadillac ctsv 6.0l step19sd.hpt
    2010 chevy silverado 4.8l e38 stock.hpt
    Last edited by HPdaveLS; 02-02-2023 at 06:55 AM.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...VE-open-closed

edit: Injector data looks A-OK to me.

Make sure you are getting a P0102 DTC as 'Current', and might want to add the MAF Status PID to your channels list, that will show you in real-time if the MAF is failed or not.

Potential Tuner
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...VE-open-closed

edit: Injector data looks A-OK to me.
    ok you got it right!! I had to change only the manifold switch close table. I did as you said and change the 4 tables (open-close-dod) for that of 4.8l.
    Now my fuel trim is right on target!!! you are the master!! thank you very much. A big thank you blindsquirrel for taking the time to help beginners like me!!! I'm still learning!