Thread: Power by the hour control pack

Tuner in Training

Power by the hour control pack

I'm running a 2019 f150 coyote with a 6r80 in a 71 Bronco. I have a power by the hour control pack for a manuel transmission and run a stand alone for trans. I have a ported 2018+ prted gt intake , but other than that everything is stock including IMRC. It is throwing error code 507(high idle) and 61b(torque error). We have checked for vacuum leaks and sent computer back to get reflashed to no avail. Anyone have any experience with this kind of setup? At this point I am out of ideas. Three tuners have looked at it and can't figure it out. It will drive ok for a few miles, then surge on throttle lift, eventually it goes into "limp home mode" or something as power drops and mechanical sounds are heard from engine bay. Is it going into DI mode? Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I'm running a 2019 f150 coyote with a 6r80 in a 71 Bronco. I have a power by the hour control pack for a manuel transmission and run a stand alone for trans. I have a ported 2018+ prted gt intake , but other than that everything is stock including IMRC. It is throwing error code 507(high idle) and 61b(torque error). We have checked for vacuum leaks and sent computer back to get reflashed to no avail. Anyone have any experience with this kind of setup? At this point I am out of ideas. Three tuners have looked at it and can't figure it out. It will drive ok for a few miles, then surge on throttle lift, eventually it goes into "limp home mode" or something as power drops and mechanical sounds are heard from engine bay. Is it going into DI mode? Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.
    generally P0507 Idle Speed Performance Higher Than Expected (vacuum leak) and When a code P061B is stored, it means that the powertrain control module (PCM) has detected an internal performance error in the engine torque monitoring system. IE drivers demand, or torque table and toque inverse.

Tuner in Training
    Regarding the vacuum leak, we have smoked the engine several times and cannot find a leak. The only mod we did was cut the bottom of the stock airbox below the filter to make it fit.

Advanced Tuner
    F150 engine, with the PBH conversion harness and tune for the firing order difference?

Did you change the manifold volume to reflect the change from truck manifold to car?

Tuner in Training
    The tuner, who is an LS engine tuner, agreed to try a tune. After a week meesing with it, it still was not right. I don't know what changes he made and don't have the datalog at this time. The ECU was sent back to Power by the hour and re-flashed. They sent it back and said it is fine. They also said it may be a vacuum leak. No changes were made for intake manifold that I know of. It doesn't seem like a vacuum leak. Idle will be steady at about 900 rpm. If I poke the throttle, it dropps to 500 rpm for 6-7 seconds then shoots back up to 900. The idle doesn't hunt or vary from 900. I feel it is a problem with the tune, I just cant find anyone with experience with this setup in my area, Huntington Beach, Ca. Does anyone have a file they can share to reflect what changes need to be made? It is a 2019 f150 with power by the hour manuel transmission control pack. Everything is stock except for 2018+GT ported intake. The airbox is stock but the bottom was cut off below filter so it would fit. I am running the IMRC. Initially when tuner was messing with it, I had IMRC delete and custom air intake. He made have tried to compensate for the changes at that time. As it is now back to almost stock, I figured the re-flash would correct any issues the tuner would have caused. Would the changes tuner initially made still be in ECM after re-flash? Sorry for long post, just frustrated with this situation as it has been going on for approximately 6 months. Thanks for any advise or help in advance.

Advanced Tuner
    Factory F150 computer or FRP pcm with the PBH harness?

Tuner in Training
    I believe it was all purchased from PBH

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I believe it was all purchased from PBH
    can you post the the Tune file??

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mstang_man View Post
    can you post the the Tune file??
    I don't have it, but I will attempt to contact the tuner and have him send me it.

Tuner in Training
    X2 :Fr?o:

Tuner in Training
    This is a data log after I had my issues resolved. Any comments or concerns?