Thread: 06 gto 2 bar os will start but wont stay running

Tuner in Training

06 gto 2 bar os will start but wont stay running

I have done this with a gen 3 ecm but my first gen 4. changed it over to a 2 bar os due to adding turbo and it will start but only run for about 2-5 seconds and cuts off like you turned the key off. Im sure im missing something in the tune but i cant figure it out. wondering if someone could help me figure this out.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is it sorta the same, yeah but it's still pretty different.

You didn't look at the VE table prior to making it 2 bar did you. The GEN 4 computer use values from 1000-3000 and not 0-200 in the VE. So it doesn't have enough fuel to run it.

The injector data was never changed for the 80lb/hr injectors either. That also requires a work around because this computer can only handle 63lb/hr without scaling. To scale for the larger injectors you need to double the stoich table, half the injector flow rate for those injectors and half the IVT's AFR Terms. As well as input the correct data for the rest of it.

Plus you need to make sure the MAP sensor data is right for the sensor you have.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    i have the old tune i can look back at for the ve so i will look at that. I did change the injectors to 63.5 but that didnt make any difference so i changed it bad to factory. im pretty sure i have the map sensor right.

With the VE fixed and the injectors scaled right, it should start and run if the MAF is failed correctly.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Yes I built a new main ve table and it started right up. I still have to redo the boost ve table but it will start and idle now. Thanks for you help!

You may be happy, right now, that you were able to make it run, but it still needs the correct MAP linear/offset & injector data. Do not put any time into 'tuning' anything yet until those are done right.