Thread: Does my tune look correct for a texas speed stage 2 cam

Potential Tuner

Does my tune look correct for a texas speed stage 2 cam

I feel like the car should have more mid range torque, also don"t mind the burble tune in the timing table. open to any suggestions, thanks.

Potential Tuner
    I am very new to tuning, but from everything i have learned I think your timing is a little on the high side. Example: I have been taught by many tuners that you don't need to run anymore than 28 degrees timing. I hope this information helps and hope more people will chime in.

You didn't provide a data log with wideband information, so no real way of telling how well that tune is done.

The MAF curve isn't smooth, way too bumpy. The VE looks stock, which to me says that the VE wasn't even tuned yet.

The power enrichment EQ ratio is asking for 13.8 AFR, that is not right. You need to command 12.5-12.7 AFR and you must make the fueling match that. That is why we tune the MAF and VE tables. If you are truly running it that lean you are going to hurt this engine.

Spark timing is too high. 25-28 degrees is plently for a 5.7 with a camshaft. That giant spike from 13 degrees of timing to 31 degrees of timing is all wrong too. It needs to flow, needs to be a smooth transition for timing. The stock timing curve is rather nice, just alter it some to make it work for the new camshaft.

Someone set the torque mngt max torque vs rpm to 0, max that table out. Raise the max torque table too. Also set the abuse mode to 7,000rpm and 0mph.

Brake torque mngt is also enabled in the systems tab, disable that too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You didn't provide a data log with wideband information, so no real way of telling how well that tune is done.

The MAF curve isn't smooth, way too bumpy. The VE looks stock, which to me says that the VE wasn't even tuned yet.

The power enrichment EQ ratio is asking for 13.8 AFR, that is not right. You need to command 12.5-12.7 AFR and you must make the fueling match that. That is why we tune the MAF and VE tables. If you are truly running it that lean you are going to hurt this engine.

Spark timing is too high. 25-28 degrees is plently for a 5.7 with a camshaft. That giant spike from 13 degrees of timing to 31 degrees of timing is all wrong too. It needs to flow, needs to be a smooth transition for timing. The stock timing curve is rather nice, just alter it some to make it work for the new camshaft.

Someone set the torque mngt max torque vs rpm to 0, max that table out. Raise the max torque table too. Also set the abuse mode to 7,000rpm and 0mph.

Brake torque mngt is also enabled in the systems tab, disable that too.
    I?m very new to tuning and I?m not very sure what to make of this, I appreciate the input, is this something I could handle myself ?

How did the tune get to the point it was at now?

I would suggest getting help if you are new or really take the time to learn it because that tune needs help.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    How did the tune get to the point it was at now?

I would suggest getting help if you are new or really take the time to learn it because that tune needs help.
    It was tuned before I got the motor, I bought it already cammed and tuned , also I asked my buddy and he said the afr looks fine and the timing is proper

Potential Tuner
    You need to at least log a few pulls and crusing. With that AFR and timing advance, that would be knocking. Possibly be why you feel a lot less mid range? As 5FDP said, you need to smooth the timing out as well.

That's the problem. If the tuning is asking for such a lean air fuel mixture but the real AFR in the tailpipe is different, the tune is all wrong.

30+ degrees of timing is cool for a small block 350 or something like that. These engines prefer mid to upper 20's for commanded timing. It's far better to play it safe than it is to run it on a very edge for 5-10hp that you would never notice.