Thread: Alison in 2008 truck tuning available?

Alison in 2008 truck tuning available?

I looked over on trans side and cannot see a thing on the Alison so figured I would I ask here if the early are supported? A buddy has a 2008 and says the trans shifts terrible. Lots of torque management totally chops the throttle on shifts and is not crisp. I build these for a living and the Alison 1000 series is a beast so with some trans tuning would really wake up a already powerful truck as it?s on an edge programmer. Sorry if stupid question i just can?t find anything
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    are you in advanced view?
    i just downloaded an 08 6.6 auto file from the repository and could see all the transmission settings minus a diagnostics tab.
    shouldn't need that tab though since all the tqm settings are in the trans main section.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

I haven’t read his truck yet just wanted to be sure it’s there before got his hopes up. Will read it today and see thanks for the info. I will update the thread too so if others search its complete. I hate dead threads with no answers as so many of them when searching.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lt1z350 View Post
    I haven?t read his truck yet just wanted to be sure it?s there before got his hopes up. Will read it today and see thanks for the info. I will update the thread too so if others search its complete. I hate dead threads with no answers as so many of them when searching.
    my 04 lb7 doesnt show a thing for transmission, wont read it or anything. i thought i had a problem with the calibration in the trans so i went to my dealer and both ecm and tcm have the most up to date calibration. if you figure something out update the thread please

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asap216 View Post
    my 04 lb7 doesnt show a thing for transmission, wont read it or anything. i thought i had a problem with the calibration in the trans so i went to my dealer and both ecm and tcm have the most up to date calibration. if you figure something out update the thread please
    the 2007 LBZ is an E35 ecu which i can see supports transmission settings the same as the 2008 E35b which is the LMM ecu. i can pull any 07 LBZ file and see the transmission section. if your read issues persist then i would contact support to open a repair ticket. send them your initial read entire file and send the vcm suite info log to get the best help.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Had an 03 with a 496 and an Allison 1000 and it had tons of settings.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7