Thread: 2019 Challenger 5.7L supercharge build

Potential Tuner

2019 Challenger 5.7L supercharge build

Hey guys! I am currently looking into supercharging a 2019 Challenger with the 5.7L. I have a few questions regarding this build. I plan to go with a whipple supercharger but they cannot guarantee that it will fit a 2019 but it fits a 2018. Does anyone know if there are any differences in the years. What does everyone do ECU wise? I have heard about Hp tuners and diablo. i want to keep the stock computer for an emergency. if anyone else has a similar build let me know. id love to hear what route you took as well.

2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tcam37 View Post
    Hey guys! I am currently looking into supercharging a 2019 Challenger with the 5.7L. I have a few questions regarding this build. I plan to go with a whipple supercharger but they cannot guarantee that it will fit a 2019 but it fits a 2018. Does anyone know if there are any differences in the years. What does everyone do ECU wise? I have heard about Hp tuners and diablo. i want to keep the stock computer for an emergency. if anyone else has a similar build let me know. id love to hear what route you took as well.
    Most 5.7 engine parts have been the same throughout the years so I can't imagine a whipple won't fit on a 2019 engine. Although, I have had an issue with my magnuson SC fitting my 2015 as the snout that was originally sent with my kit was too short and the air tube adapter was ~1/2" short as the air filter location on +2015 moved slightly.

Stock PCM won't do you any good as the tune will not work with the 2 bar map sensor (engine will essentially not run), best to just get it unlocked by HP tuners or Diablo depending on which tuner you go with. Just a heads up, there are a few guys on the Challengertalk forum who complain that their whipple is noisy (i.e. rattles) at idle and especially with the AC on. Plus it won't help you putting it back in if you want warranty work done, dealerships have ways of finding out if an aftermarket tune has been run on the car even if you put it back in stock form. According to The Tuning School (they provide dodge tuning courses which you must pay) they claim that +2018 models only need the OBD bypass but I am pretty sure that is incorrect and it needs to be unlocked. Another thing with whipples is you might need the hood modified to have clearance for the pulley...at least on the traditional small, dual scoop challenger hoods.

Diablo trinity or intune is fine if you don't plan on tweaking your tune (lets you load tunes from a professional tuner that uses diablo CMR software) but if you want full control HP tuners is where it is at, but don't think you will hit the ground running right off the bat. There is a significant learning curve. Here is a collection of links that give you a taste of what is involved.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post525502

As Conan has hinted, search forums like the lx or challengertalk forum as there are plenty of guys running whipples on challengers...maybe not many with a 2019 (have not seen one on the CT forum and I am on there daily) as most usually wait until after the factory warranty expires to do major power adders.
    Last edited by Homer; 10-01-2019 at 12:55 AM.