Thread: No start 2018 F250 6.7 after flash

Tuner in Training

No start 2018 F250 6.7 after flash

Have a 2018 F250 6.7 powerstroke that will not start after ECM and TCM full flash. The only thing changed on the file was the speed limiter and tire size. Would like some help please.

Post both your stock tune and your speed limiter modified tune. Also try reflashing your truck back to your stock tune and see if it starts then.

Tuner in Training
    Flashed back to stock and it now starts. Initial flash I did both ECM and TCM. Second flash I did ECM started truck and them TCM started truck.

Tuner in Training
    Spedo does not seem to be responding to tire change. Truck is about 5mph off a 72 with 37" tires.

Tuner in Training
    Does the spedo function in HPT work for the 18 6.7 PSD?

Tuner in Training
    After a littler more research it appears the speedometer function is in the TCM [TCM] 9003 - VSS Tire Revs per Distance: The number of tire revolutions per mile/kilometer. Would like to know if this function is working in HPT. Sent in a trouble ticket to HPT.

Quote Originally Posted by DPC View Post
    After a littler more research it appears the speedometer function is in the TCM [TCM] 9003 - VSS Tire Revs per Distance: The number of tire revolutions per mile/kilometer. Would like to know if this function is working in HPT. Sent in a trouble ticket to HPT.
    Yes it does work but you need to change use VID to disable in order for everything else on that same page to actually take affect. VID off.PNG When it's set to enable it uses a preset calibration you cannot see nor change or alter. So you will also need to correct the gear ratio, tires revs per, along with the N/V Base. Search the forum for N/V base as someone from HPT covered how to find and set your N/V.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the help! The gear ratio is actually 3:55 so I'll make the changes and give it a try.

Tuner in Training
    No luck with the spedo after making changes. Attached is the current ECM/TCM file currently in the truck. The truck spedo reads 72mph and the gps reads 76-77, wheels are 37x12.50R20. I have adjusted the tire rev. as low as the editor will let me go.

Trouble ticket response from HPT: "Connect the vehicle to the scanner program, go to the vehicle tab and down to Controls and Special Functions. Now you should see the Gear and tire wizard changes are made there." When I connect with the scan tool the controls and special functions box will open but it is empty, no options. Has anyone tried to correct the spedo on an 2018 F250 with HPT?

Tuner in Training
    2018 eng and trans 6.7 spedo change M1.1.hpt

Current tune. May need to start a separate thread for this.
    Last edited by DPC; 01-13-2020 at 08:53 PM. Reason: add

Quote Originally Posted by DPC View Post
    No luck with the spedo after making changes. Attached is the current ECM/TCM file currently in the truck. The truck spedo reads 72mph and the gps reads 76-77, wheels are 37x12.50R20. I have adjusted the tire rev. as low as the editor will let me go.

Trouble ticket response from HPT: "Connect the vehicle to the scanner program, go to the vehicle tab and down to Controls and Special Functions. Now you should see the Gear and tire wizard changes are made there." When I connect with the scan tool the controls and special functions box will open but it is empty, no options. Has anyone tried to correct the spedo on an 2018 F250 with HPT?
    It's empty all right it has been for over a year.

Tuner
    I get same thing special function opens up but are blank I only have downloaded one version the beta is it possible I have a upload a different version

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Kavney View Post
    I get same thing special function opens up but are blank I only have downloaded one version the beta is it possible I have a upload a different version
    Are you saying the beta version does or does not work? I am on the current full version, 4.4.2

Tuner
    It?s does not work

you need forscan for the speedo. the ipc needs calibrated. but i dont believe youll get to 37" because of the limits placed by ford.

Tuner
    i have forscan it?s pretty good for things like lights tanks size program injection codes and much better for diagnostic testing the lifetime membership was 50$ and like 15$ for the elm 327 hardware