Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wideband logging

Tuner in Training

Wideband logging

So I have a wideband hooked up now and I watched the youtube tutorial on how to data log with it
    I set it up for the EGR circuit pin 48. White wire from wideband (+ analog) hooked to that pinout, brown wire
    ( negative) 1st hooked to negative output from pcm for the EGR then just straight to ground. Set up the parameters to log in lambda per the video and info provided with the wideband. When I start the motor and Im logging and the EGR pid shows 0.00 volts and never changes either way I have the ground wire hooked up. In this latest hp software I do not see anyway to turn on or off EGR
    Could really use some help. Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Try edit go to parmater search or somthing like that. Type in EGR. depending if its in the OS youll find the enable/disable. Make sure its enabled
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

Advanced Tuner
    Edit > navigation > exhaust > gas recirculation > general > egr enable
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by anniversaryss View Post
    Edit > navigation > exhaust > gas recirculation > general > egr enable
    Well I replied to this a while ago but my reply is not here hmm
    I found the enable/disable right where you said it was unfortunately it was already enabled. I checked all my wiring and double checked the pinouts
    Pin 48 is EGR pintle position sensor 5 volt reference. But then I found pin 55 which is EGR pintle position sensor signal SIGH
    Anyway I tried that one just to see and still nada.
    I dbl checked the negative reference and its pin 23 so the only thing I havent tried is to leave the white wire from the O2 on pin 55 and try just using a straight ground for the brown negative wire
    Any help?

I just found a wiring diagram for the EGR on lT1 swap and it also shows 41 as the EGR ground. 23 goes with the 5 volt reference
    Im going to try that
    Last edited by stangman105; 08-18-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I just wired mine in through the ac pressure sensor(5 volt sensor) i could help you with this.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianLS1 View Post
    I just wired mine in through the ac pressure sensor(5 volt sensor) i could help you with this.
    Let me try this one last thing and if no go I will talk to you. I really want to keep my AC
    Does that use the AC High Pressure pin?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by stangman105 View Post
    Well I replied to this a while ago but my reply is not here hmm
    I found the enable/disable right where you said it was unfortunately it was already enabled. I checked all my wiring and double checked the pinouts
    Pin 48 is EGR pintle position sensor 5 volt reference. But then I found pin 55 which is EGR pintle position sensor signal SIGH
    Anyway I tried that one just to see and still nada.
    I dbl checked the negative reference and its pin 23 so the only thing I havent tried is to leave the white wire from the O2 on pin 55 and try just using a straight ground for the brown negative wire
    Any help?

I just found a wiring diagram for the EGR on lT1 swap and it also shows 41 as the EGR ground. 23 goes with the 5 volt reference
    Im going to try that
    Well that did it. The Log is now recording voltage. So its pin 55 for the white analog+ wire from the O2 and pin 41 for the neg

Now however the graph that I created is at 0. Im assuming this is due to me setting up the math parameter incorrectly . Do you know how to set it up for Lambda?
    Last edited by stangman105; 08-18-2019 at 04:29 PM.

Tuner in Training
    you need to set up your math parameters. What wideband are you using?
    1997 Corvette
    Ls1 motor,5.3L ported heads,(polished exhaust, golf balled intake), BTR.660 dual springs,Stock valve size, .051" head gasket. BTR stage 4 N/A ls cam, 10.9:1 compression, Blackwing intake,Ported throttle body, LS6 intake manifold, Ford Green top injectors 42#, 0411 swapped, AEM UEGO, Nitrous oulet plate kit running 200 shot 110+ dedicacted fuel, LPE timing retard box, BR7EF plugs, EGR delete/air pump delete.

Tuner in Training
    Well that did it. The Log is now recording voltage. So its pin 55 for the white analog+ wire from the O2 and pin 41 for the neg

Now however the graph that I created is at 0. Im assuming this is due to me setting up the math parameter incorrectly . Do you know how to set it up for Lambda?
    Well here is an update. If you are going to use pin 41 as your ground dont do what I did and swap the 23 pin (which is what my wideband is hooked to) for the 41 pin as is is not only a ground reference for the EGR but for the trans and the ECT as well. My ECT was reading -38 which plays hell with the injector pulse width
    Some days I should just stay out of the garage

Tuner in Training
    you need to set up your math parameters. What wideband are you using?
    Im using the AEM 30-0300x. I thought I had the math parameters set but apparently they are not correct.If yours is set to Lambda I would appreciate seeing your math

Tuner in Training
    Im using the AEM 30-0300x. I thought I had the math parameters set but apparently they are not correct.If yours is set to Lambda I would appreciate seeing your math
    my math is in AFR as thats what was easiest to figure out. But converting to lambda wont be hard.

in the expression i have " 2.3750*[7101.10]+8.7214 "

using ac pressure switch.
    1997 Corvette
    Ls1 motor,5.3L ported heads,(polished exhaust, golf balled intake), BTR.660 dual springs,Stock valve size, .051" head gasket. BTR stage 4 N/A ls cam, 10.9:1 compression, Blackwing intake,Ported throttle body, LS6 intake manifold, Ford Green top injectors 42#, 0411 swapped, AEM UEGO, Nitrous oulet plate kit running 200 shot 110+ dedicacted fuel, LPE timing retard box, BR7EF plugs, EGR delete/air pump delete.

Tuner in Training
    my math is in AFR as thats what was easiest to figure out. But converting to lambda wont be hard.

in the expression i have " 2.3750*[7101.10]+8.7214 "

using ac pressure switch.
    So does this look right then for Lambda Screenshot 2019-08-19 15.18.13(2).png

Those numbers are the supplied voltage for the EGR and the numbers in the AEM chart for lambda

Potential Tuner
    Need help same as forum owner, ive got an aem 30-0300 wideband wired into my ac pressure sensor but after 6.5 hours and 4 tutorials NOTHING has even come close to working in the slightest.
    Every forum guide or video tutorial is outdated or isn't applicable and I guarantee this is a 5 minute thing to setup. I'm really getting pissed wasting my time following people who don't know how to do it.

Can someone help?
    Thx

Tuner in Training
    Ive got the thing to work except for the chart. The sensor is logging voltage via the EGR but the graph just sits there with a big goose egg

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinecty View Post
    Need help same as forum owner, ive got an aem 30-0300 wideband wired into my ac pressure sensor but after 6.5 hours and 4 tutorials NOTHING has even come close to working in the slightest.
    Every forum guide or video tutorial is outdated or isn't applicable and I guarantee this is a 5 minute thing to setup. I'm really getting pissed wasting my time following people who don't know how to do it.

Can someone help?
    Thx
    After 100 views you would think someone would jump in with an answer. I thank the people that have responded but this forum is NOT very helpful
    Ive figured out way more on my own that anything Ive learned here

Has anyone watched this video yet?

2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinecty View Post

Can someone help?
    Thx

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Has anyone watched this video yet?

I actually started to watch that one several times and found it difficult to follow him. I even have his HP Tuners tutorial.
    Having said that I watched again and was able to figure out what he was saying by using the AFR table and doing the math and coming up with the same numbers he did
    So I did the same equation for Lambda and came up with a math parameter that is way different than the analog output scaling formula provided with the wideband.
    Unfortunately My idle air bypass valve is not currently working. I ordered a new one and should have it wednesday so I will try to log again then and let you know what happens
    The odd thing about that video is that he goes on and on in his tutorial about how Lambda is so much better than AFR but then makes a video of how to set it up in AFR
    If anyone wants to try it before wed let me know and I will give you the numbers I came up with for Lambda

Tuner in Training
    I actually started to watch that one several times and found it difficult to follow him. I even have his HP Tuners tutorial.
    Having said that I watched again and was able to figure out what he was saying by using the AFR table and doing the math and coming up with the same numbers he did
    So I did the same equation for Lambda and came up with a math parameter that is way different than the analog output scaling formula provided with the wideband.
    Unfortunately My idle air bypass valve is not currently working. I ordered a new one and should have it wednesday so I will try to log again then and let you know what happens
    The odd thing about that video is that he goes on and on in his tutorial about how Lambda is so much better than AFR but then makes a video of how to set it up in AFR
    If anyone wants to try it before wed let me know and I will give you the numbers I came up with for Lambda
    Well that didnt work either.
    At least when I use the math supplied by the paper work with the gauge I can pick one of the voltages on the chart do the equation and get the corresponding number for lambda in the chart. But when I plug that into the scanner with the EGR constant voltage supplied by the hp tuner software I get nothing or a constant 0
    Does anyone have any ideas????

Tuner
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDyiq3A5MIc&t=3s

have you watched this?

could you use his math then divide by 14.7 to get lambda?

saving for a wideband now, will be in your boat before long. will be going egr route