Thread: Hellcrate High Actual Torque at key on - limp mode

Tuner in Training

Hellcrate High Actual Torque at key on - limp mode

Most time when turn the key to the on position I see a Actual Torque value of 1142. This is the same as Driver Demand Torque 1142

The car is cold key on engine off

Hellcrate motor, headers, CAI

The file I included is after a long idle

Codes are P0171, p0174, p2174, U1110

hot re starts actual tq high.hpl

What causes the value of Actual Torque to be high at key on engine off?

Tuner in Training
    Is it running on the tune that came on the PCM? I just finished a swap and could look through some stuff later.

Tuner in Training
    Yes completely un tuned. Would you send me stock tune (un modified) and or I can send you mine. I?d like to compare. They should be exactly the same. Can I see a running log too please?

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds normal to me, if the engine is not running, VCM scanner will report a high actual torque value. In fact, on my challenger if you look at the engine torque display with the engine on but not running it reports 412ft-lb.

Tuner in Training
    I can get you some stuff and I will take a look at this log later. I completely forgot. Also, I actually screwed up and copied over my stock read. I have one that had some very small changes saved, so if I could get a copy of yours, I could correct mine and see if there are any other major differences that I can see.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by unicornpower View Post
    I can get you some stuff and I will take a look at this log later. I completely forgot. Also, I actually screwed up and copied over my stock read. I have one that had some very small changes saved, so if I could get a copy of yours, I could correct mine and see if there are any other major differences that I can see.
    Hellcrate Baseline Tune Stock 3.19.19.hpt

No worries, here is the factory Hellcrate Tune un touched.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Sounds normal to me, if the engine is not running, VCM scanner will report a high actual torque value. In fact, on my challenger if you look at the engine torque display with the engine on but not running it reports 412ft-lb.
    Yeah. A lot vehicles will show strange values with KOEO.

OP is there an actual problem or were you wondering why it was showing that?