Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comp 274vvt tune file

Tuner in Training moparsoldier85's Avatar
    Cam phaser disabled? Can I ask why would you want it disabled??

Tuner
    Specs on the Apache Max [email protected] Intake 226 Exhaust 230 Lobe Lift Intake .336 Exhaust .337

Specs advertised are 275* Intake duration 554 lift
    Exhaust 281* lift 556
    LSA 112
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Southwest Speed View Post
    Thanks for chiming in!

We worked on tuning ours yesterday for a good couple hours prior to attempting any Dyno Tuning. It'll start up with some pedal and idle for a good while on it's own before it starts to idle hunt and eventually swing so high and low that it dies out.

I've adjusted all the DTCs as I would in normal GM tuning but this one (2015 392 Car) has not responded as I'd expected it to. My goal is to get it to start up and idle with zero assist from the driver or accelerator pedal before putting it on the dyno.

Called Josh at HHP this morning and talked with him for a bit but they don't use HP Tuners at all. He was great and offered some of his thoughts but there are just a few too many differences in the terms between their SCT/Diablo methods and our HPT tables.

I'm sure somebody has used HPT to tune the 392 with the 274VVT Camshaft. Be great to compare and see where else I can focus some attention on to get the results we'd like to see.

Here's where I'm at with it as of today:
    Leaving an ass load on the table...You haven't touched the Cam degrees...I posted mine look at it...Its right at 460 HP with almost as much torque at 3krpm.... 3.5 0-60 and 7.2 1/8th @94 Phase limiter must be installed!
    Last edited by ShannonSRT; 06-18-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by moparsoldier85 View Post
    Cam phaser disabled? Can I ask why would you want it disabled??
    Needs a limiter....It keeps you from mechanically tearing shit up...Now you can lean it out and kill it but the limiter allows 15* of movement and is a safety

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys if your still having trouble dialing in a 270 or 274 cam. I have tuned the 270 and 74 vvt with good results. You do need to disable ANN as this will cause the idle to hunt operating within its parameters. If you need a base VE table let me know since the one stock is crazy. For idle its all in the TB air flow model raising the first 3 cells by a lot of you need an example let me know I’ll send you a base file from a good running cammed 6.4 that has only headers and a CAI it’ll get you close. Now the cars will auto drive or throttle hang this is taken care of in the small range tb air flow. Spark gets shifted to put the sweet spot in the lower vacuume area and make the other tables match. Most guys are locking the VVT when doing this cam install. Let me know if it’s locked or limited you need at least one or really bad noises happen as valves hit pistons.
    You will also want to raise the shift points as the power comes in much higher. If you don’t it will feel boggy. If you need these changes I’ll be happy to update your tune file with them just post it up and let me know.
    6.1 based 426 stroker fully forged 11.5:1 compression.,Thitek CNC 6.1 Heads, RLD H5 Camshaft, Edelbrock Victor II intake manifold, Hellcat cnc ported TB, FIC 725 cc/min injectors, Legmaker CAI, UPR catch can, BBE 3in exhaust, 3k stall converter , Paramount Nag1, 1K Hp driveshaft and axels, Wavetrac LSD. 400 shot laughing gas on progressive controller. Fore dual pumps with fc3 controller.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscward71 View Post
    Hey guys if your still having trouble dialing in a 270 or 274 cam. I have tuned the 270 and 74 vvt with good results. You do need to disable ANN as this will cause the idle to hunt operating within its parameters. If you need a base VE table let me know since the one stock is crazy. For idle its all in the TB air flow model raising the first 3 cells by a lot of you need an example let me know I’ll send you a base file from a good running cammed 6.4 that has only headers and a CAI it’ll get you close. Now the cars will auto drive or throttle hang this is taken care of in the small range tb air flow. Spark gets shifted to put the sweet spot in the lower vacuume area and make the other tables match. Most guys are locking the VVT when doing this cam install. Let me know if it’s locked or limited you need at least one or really bad noises happen as valves hit pistons.
    You will also want to raise the shift points as the power comes in much higher. If you don’t it will feel boggy. If you need these changes I’ll be happy to update your tune file with them just post it up and let me know.
    Would love to take a look at your tune file. Trying to dial my 274 in as well as the VE / ETC tables as well. Have an M6 with a limiter installed.
    On a quest to not blow up my car.....

Tuner in Training

Comp cam 274 hemi

Makes sense now that folks can't see my upload. Eh...we'll I'll leave it up for future reference to help those in their quest for knowledge.

Are there not any 2014 and down 6.4 Cars out there with this 274 VVT Camshaft that have used HPT to calibrate the car? Seems to be a pretty popular stick on these rigs so I'd expect to see alot more coming in the future.

Thanks Mark for chiming in!
    I am using this cam on a 2010 challenger 392 stroker and I have got it pretty down at this point besides the choppy idle. I can send you the tune but I will need a favor also

Tuner in Training
    I would like some help with mine, I have it doing alright. Have only messed with vvt lock pin and idle and my fans. It?s running decent but I know there is a lot left to do

Tuner in Training
    I opened the file without problems, I am using beta
    Last edited by Creton; 11-28-2020 at 02:57 PM.

Thanks for chiming in!

We worked on tuning ours yesterday for a good couple hours prior to attempting any Dyno Tuning. It'll start up with some pedal and idle for a good while on it's own before it starts to idle hunt and eventually swing so high and low that it dies out.

I've adjusted all the DTCs as I would in normal GM tuning but this one (2015 392 Car) has not responded as I'd expected it to. My goal is to get it to start up and idle with zero assist from the driver or accelerator pedal before putting it on the dyno.

Called Josh at HHP this morning and talked with him for a bit but they don't use HP Tuners at all. He was great and offered some of his thoughts but there are just a few too many differences in the terms between their SCT/Diablo methods and our HPT tables.

I'm sure somebody has used HPT to tune the 392 with the 274VVT Camshaft. Be great to compare and see where else I can focus some attention on to get the results we'd like to see.

Here's where I'm at with it as of today:
    I tell Ya bud, that tune is pretty much stock. you need to add fuel to the ve tables, pe tables , timing needs bumped and turn off the NN. I tune complete open loop and no NN. That thing is not going to run with that tune . and complete tune needs fixed .

Quote Originally Posted by PUNISHMENT392 View Post
    I am using this cam on a 2010 challenger 392 stroker and I have got it pretty down at this point besides the choppy idle. I can send you the tune but I will need a favor also
    that cam is going to have a choppy idle . that's what ya get with a good cam .

Tuner in Training
    do you still have thatntune ?

Potential Tuner
    I have a 18 srt was a 6.4 car i have a 5.7 hemi 274 comp cam 3"exhust 308 gears shorty factory srt headers installed for now while my new motor is being built I'm new to tuning been trying to fix a idle problem i can get it to run and idle great with this tune for about 30-45 min of drive time then it will slowly start hanging it will idle up from 3mph to 20 once the car starts rolling and will hang around 1200rpm till it gets under 3 mph any help would be appreciated i cant for the life of me figure out this problem i bought a tune off Dave at b&g tune shop and it wont hardly run at all with that tune I know I'm over looking something any help I can would be greatly appreciated

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by LilRed1979 View Post
    I have a 18 srt was a 6.4 car i have a 5.7 hemi 274 comp cam 3"exhust 308 gears shorty factory srt headers installed for now while my new motor is being built I'm new to tuning been trying to fix a idle problem i can get it to run and idle great with this tune for about 30-45 min of drive time then it will slowly start hanging it will idle up from 3mph to 20 once the car starts rolling and will hang around 1200rpm till it gets under 3 mph any help would be appreciated i cant for the life of me figure out this problem i bought a tune off Dave at b&g tune shop and it wont hardly run at all with that tune I know I'm over looking something any help I can would be greatly appreciated
    Try this - Don't forget to dial your VE in...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    thank you GHUGGINS that helped tremendously I will work on fine tuning my ve tables now I just tried the tune and did a vcm scan I think it will do good when I get the ve dialed in thank you very much for the help again

Tuning Addict
    No problem

I didn't do it in that tune, but you might also want to look up a 5.7 11ish truck tune and grab the lower airflow values out of the tb airflow table since the cam shouldn't require or flow anywhere near that much air anymore at idle. This will help your TB model to better control things...
    Last edited by GHuggins; 01-09-2022 at 06:02 PM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Potential Tuner
    Thanks again ghuggins for the help i will check that out on the truck tb airflow i got the ve dialed in pretty good last night should i tune on the timing any more or do you think its pretty close

Tuning Addict
    If your running 87 you could still add some more in, especially in the lower rpm off idle to full load areas. If your running 93 - well she could take a lot in certain areas and even a decent chunk in wot areas. Just keep in mind timing needs to transition and blend table to table, so try to make some of the same changes to the main 3...

~Greg Huggins~