Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *New* Line Pressure During Shift (Based on turbine speed) and adaptive CLADP disable

Quote Originally Posted by bstroked View Post
    Thanks. I'll see what i can figure out with the anticipated and torque based stuff... I've disabled the torque reduction and some of that stuff but haven't done anything with anticipated. I've finally gotten my offgoing to be shorter than the oncoming by having the offgoing tables about 20psi higher than the oncoming PSI's... The shifts feel alright except for a little pause during the shift, which gets worse the more torque there is, but they sure don't always look very good on the graph.. Sometimes the rpm drops really good and then sometimes it drags a bit before dropping... I've tried messing with boost psi and times, but never seem to be able to get it. 3-4 is where I really have problems. The scanner doesn't read the E clutch, so I'm kinda just blindly trying to figure it out... It seems to shift better with a little higher boost and psi on the E element but the commanded shift happens way to soon.... As far as the KAM reset, it's in the adaptive tab in the editor, but I haven't seen anything about adaptive reset.... As for the timing, I'm been trying to duplicate a tune that I have from a tuner(whose no longer to be found) that did really good on fuel mileage... As best I can tell they were using the boost control maps to get the response back up...
    The 3-4 was the worst one for me as well, it's the most inconsistent and i had issues on my personal truck with shift flare like you're talking about until i reset the adaptives and cleared the KAM. I was chasing some badly learned values and i had to use my snap on scanner at that time to clear them. That seemed to clear up all it's issues. Form there i bumped up the base TV slope pressure to .0190 on the 4a4m as that's our holding force after the shift completes. I still think that clutch pack is the weakest and the closest to being over powered in stock form but i've yet to tear one down, i'll be doing mine sometime in 2021 and ill make a video on it. I also had to turn off adaptives and keep it off otherwise it'd occasionally do some weird random shifts. My 3-4 maybe hurt but so far it's holding and shifting very consistently. As for fuel mileage I feel it's a game of response vs mileage, I can get it to get better but I sacrifice response, find your happy medium. For me i like that whack the throttle and it goes response, it hits almost as hard as my PD blower 04 cobra. Post that mileage tune if you don't mind, i'd like to see what they have done.

Tuner in Training
    So even if you turn off the adaptives they still need to be cleared? And when you guys talk about sending a request to support to add something, do you just ask for a certain thing to be added or do you need the hex address information? As for the tune, I'm trying to duplicate off a log... The OS is patriot15 which is why, I think, hptuners so it's not able to open it after a read...

So even if you turn off the adaptives they still need to be cleared? And when you guys talk about sending a request to support to add something, do you just ask for a certain thing to be added or do you need the hex address information? As for the tune, I'm trying to duplicate off a log... The OS is patriot15 which is why, I think, hptuners so it's not able to open it after a read...
    They shouldn't need to be cleared if they have been cleared after adaptives have been turned off, but sometimes I feel it doesn't work so I make it a habit of clearing them every time. As for adding things just email support and ask to have what ever you need added. Just know It can take a month or two depending on how busy they are and what they are doing. Also you can ask about having your patriot tune "fixed" and they can sometimes send it back viewable in HPT.

Tuner in Training
    Jaeger 4th is by far the weakest clutch in the 6R140 I smoked mine and rebuilt the gearbox the design of the piston as you increase pressure and power cones the clutch as the piston only operates on the outer edge of the clutch stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangas87 View Post
    Jaeger 4th is by far the weakest clutch in the 6R140 I smoked mine and rebuilt the gearbox the design of the piston as you increase pressure and power cones the clutch as the piston only operates on the outer edge of the clutch stack.
    Yeah i've read and heard about that i've also heard the later 15 and up trucks lost two clutches on that same overdrive clutch pack. When you rebuilt yours did you increase the number of clutches or do anything special? And where did you get your parts from? I'll be doing mine around the first of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    Yeah i've read and heard about that i've also heard the later 15 and up trucks lost two clutches on that same overdrive clutch pack. When you rebuilt yours did you increase the number of clutches or do anything special? And where did you get your parts from? I'll be doing mine around the first of the year.
    Sorry, just saw your pm from a few weeks ago.. I rarely get on this forum anymore. (You probably got what your asking for on that 6.4 done?) well anyways

Take a look at the changes between a 11-14 OEM tcm file and a 15+ file.

Look at what Ford did to make up for the lost clutches.. bandaid..

You can beat the crap out of a 11-14 6R and they hold up well... 15+ on the other hand meh.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Clear the adaptives after you shut it off on 6.7s.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Quote Originally Posted by PSM 6.4 View Post
    Sorry, just saw your pm from a few weeks ago.. I rarely get on this forum anymore. (You probably got what your asking for on that 6.4 done?) well anyways

Take a look at the changes between a 11-14 OEM tcm file and a 15+ file.

Look at what Ford did to make up for the lost clutches.. bandaid..

You can beat the crap out of a 11-14 6R and they hold up well... 15+ on the other hand meh.
    It's all good I figured as much with how we sporadically respond to things and then are gone for a while lol. I'm super busy myself, currently moving to a new building, but Yes i did get the 6.4 stuff taken care of so thank you for asking. When you say band aid you mean you don't agree with quadrupling the on coming and off going pressures as a fix??!?! LoL

Thanks. I'll see what i can figure out with the anticipated and torque based stuff... I've disabled the torque reduction and some of that stuff but haven't done anything with anticipated. I've finally gotten my offgoing to be shorter than the oncoming by having the offgoing tables about 20psi higher than the oncoming PSI's... The shifts feel alright except for a little pause during the shift, which gets worse the more torque there is, but they sure don't always look very good on the graph.. Sometimes the rpm drops really good and then sometimes it drags a bit before dropping... I've tried messing with boost psi and times, but never seem to be able to get it. 3-4 is where I really have problems. The scanner doesn't read the E clutch, so I'm kinda just blindly trying to figure it out... It seems to shift better with a little higher boost and psi on the E element but the commanded shift happens way to soon.... As far as the KAM reset, it's in the adaptive tab in the editor, but I haven't seen anything about adaptive reset.... As for the timing, I'm been trying to duplicate a tune that I have from a tuner(whose no longer to be found) that did really good on fuel mileage... As best I can tell they were using the boost control maps to get the response back up...
    on my truck (2016) When i had an issue with dragging, i simply lowered offgoing pressure. If i went to far i got flare.

Potential Tuner
    Had eric add this in, awhile back for all 03-16 trucks.

That are available in ford TCM A2Ls with OLS and arent available on previous mainstream available softwares.

This will solve most soft mushy shifts and will firm up shifts abit so be easy on this.

In stock form ford has it set to 150 psi on the top end on oem calibrations for 03-10 5Rs 11-16 are set to 140 PSI.

This is based on turbine speed.

Labeled under "Shifting TV Pressure" *Shifting* 5x1 table

Adaptive disable, basically does what it says. It will disable the TCM based adaptive CLADP logic..

So with it off, it will not pull pressure and "learn".. This is helpful under high HP situations where transmissions constantly "flare" and "revslam" (Targeted torward 03-10) but is helpful on 11-19 6R aswell.

To disable lower RPM to a very low value, also lower temp to a very low value.

This will block CLADP from enabling.

Under Trans > Shift Properties > Adaptive > General
    Do you have the address for these to be added via UDP? I don't have the shifting table on my 18 6.7.

Tuner in Training
    So if I turn of the adaptive it won't learn at all? As currently when I clear the KAM it takes a while to shift well so I guess now I am wondering if I turn it off and it doesn't learn at all I will need to then adjust everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangas87 View Post
    So if I turn of the adaptive it won't learn at all? As currently when I clear the KAM it takes a while to shift well so I guess now I am wondering if I turn it off and it doesn't learn at all I will need to then adjust everything?
    yes, if you disable adaptive properties, the shifting will stay the same as when you first load the tune. I had the opposite problem, my truck shifted how i wanted it at first load of the tune then it would slowly change things to where i didnt want them, so i disabled it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by CKrueg View Post
    yes, if you disable adaptive properties, the shifting will stay the same as when you first load the tune. I had the opposite problem, my truck shifted how i wanted it at first load of the tune then it would slowly change things to where i didnt want them, so i disabled it.
    Well my gearbox is built with extra clutches and billet 4th gear piston so it might be a bit of fun to get it right!

Tuner in Training
    Had eric add this in, awhile back for all 03-16 trucks.

That are available in ford TCM A2Ls with OLS and arent available on previous mainstream available softwares.

This will solve most soft mushy shifts and will firm up shifts abit so be easy on this.

In stock form ford has it set to 150 psi on the top end on oem calibrations for 03-10 5Rs 11-16 are set to 140 PSI.

This is based on turbine speed.

Labeled under "Shifting TV Pressure" *Shifting* 5x1 table

Adaptive disable, basically does what it says. It will disable the TCM based adaptive CLADP logic..

So with it off, it will not pull pressure and "learn".. This is helpful under high HP situations where transmissions constantly "flare" and "revslam" (Targeted torward 03-10) but is helpful on 11-19 6R aswell.

To disable lower RPM to a very low value, also lower temp to a very low value.

This will block CLADP from enabling.

Under Trans > Shift Properties > Adaptive > General
    Thanks for this - it seems to be the best overall change for shift quality. I had them added it for the 7.3 Godzilla/6R140 PCM and it's helped a bunch. I was chasing my tail prior.