Thread: Help. E67 compatibility question

Potential Tuner

Help. E67 compatibility question

I have a 2009 Colorado that I swapped a 6.2 gen 4 engine into with a factory GM harness. I used the factory ECM but I think it's been corrupted because it constantly throws P0606 ECM/PCM processor fault and cause it to go into reduced power under any load. The 4l60e that was in it was no good so I swapped in a TR6060. I cannot figure out what I need to do for ecm replacement. I've bought two ecms so fars and neither of them have the capability of being flashed with a proper tune because of OS compatibility issues. I am at a loss on how to move forward. The part number and OS for the one I've been currently trying is part # 12678513 OS#12615634. Is there any way to flash a different OS onto this part number? It was supposed to be from a 2013-15 zl1 Camaro but the OS is for a V6.

Advanced Tuner
    The P0606 DTCs is one of those codes that may be set by several issues - it is not limited to a defective ECM. A mismatch between the APP (accelerator pedal), throttle body, and ECM calibration can also set this DTC.

A 6.2L in a Colorado makes for a great driver !

The 2009 Colorado would have originally used an E67 ECM - which is helpful. You could reuse your original E67 ECM, if you had it flashed with a 2009 Colorado 5.3L calibration. This would also allow you to retain the existing 2009 Colorado APP.

The manual transmission will cause the most issues and compromises. A 4-speed auto or 6-speed auto would have been a more conversion friendly choice.

You mentioned using an OEM wiring harness. For what application ?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
    The P0606 DTCs is one of those codes that may be set by several issues - it is not limited to a defective ECM. A mismatch between the APP (accelerator pedal), throttle body, and ECM calibration can also set this DTC.

A 6.2L in a Colorado makes for a great driver !

The 2009 Colorado would have originally used an E67 ECM - which is helpful. You could reuse your original E67 ECM, if you had it flashed with a 2009 Colorado 5.3L calibration. This would also allow you to retain the existing 2009 Colorado APP.

The manual transmission will cause the most issues and compromises. A 4-speed auto or 6-speed auto would have been a more conversion friendly choice.

You mentioned using an OEM wiring harness. For what application ?

I used an oem harness from an 09 Colorado with a V8. I also had to purchase a chassis harness for everything to play nice together. At first, I converted the stock 4l60e to a V8 by switching the input shaft and bell housing but being it was my first time having one apart, I think I screwed up the 2-4 band because it only had first and third. I drove it a little bit anyway but it still wouldn't let me do more than ten percent throttle. I've replaced the throttle body twice and tried to replace the ECM but ran into the issue I described above. I haven't replaced the pedal but it worked previous to the swap 8 months ago when it was stock. Everything I read said the stock pedal should work but thinking about it now it sounds like that could very well be my issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Your Colorado APP, and a Gen 4 truck throttle body are compatible. The final piece is the E67 calibration. If it was correctly programmed (with a Tech 2 / MDI / etc.) as a 2009 Colorado 5.3L, then the calibration portion would also be compatible.

The E67 ECM should be running OS 12630465 - anything else is not a 2009 Colorado 5.3L calibration - and will not work with the APP or throttle body - causing the P0606 DTC.

The root cause of your issue seems to be the ECM programming.

Once the ECM is programmed correctly, then you will have to begin the tuning process, to partially accommodate the TR6060 manual transmission. You will not be able to get the Cruise Control to function, but you should be able to get just about everything else to work.

Potential Tuner
    I must have forgotten to specify, I have tried multiple different 5.3 Colorado tunes. The engine runs great but the second you give it throttle it hits reduced power mode.

Advanced Tuner
    The E67 was flashed as a 2009 5.3L Colorado using a Tech 2 / MDI / etc. ?

If you are just flashing using tuning software, it won't work correctly.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jon s. View Post
    the e67 was flashed as a 2009 5.3l colorado using a tech 2 / mdi / etc. ?

If you are just flashing using tuning software, it won't work correctly.
    ++this

Potential Tuner

Did you ever get this figured out ?

Quote Originally Posted by Keebler1573 View Post
    I have a 2009 Colorado that I swapped a 6.2 gen 4 engine into with a factory GM harness. I used the factory ECM but I think it's been corrupted because it constantly throws P0606 ECM/PCM processor fault and cause it to go into reduced power under any load. The 4l60e that was in it was no good so I swapped in a TR6060. I cannot figure out what I need to do for ecm replacement. I've bought two ecms so fars and neither of them have the capability of being flashed with a proper tune because of OS compatibility issues. I am at a loss on how to move forward. The part number and OS for the one I've been currently trying is part # 12678513 OS#12615634. Is there any way to flash a different OS onto this part number? It was supposed to be from a 2013-15 zl1 Camaro but the OS is for a V6.