Thread: New Guy

Tuner in Training

New Guy

Hey Everyone,

New here and to Hp tuners my mpvi2 will arrive tomorrow. Been researching data on here and Thank you everyone for the great info. 2017 Mustang 3.7 E85 Mu52's and some mild intake to throttle body work. If anyone has any tips or tricks I'm all ears.

Thanks again everyone for the plethora of knowledge here.

Tuner
    Newbie myself. One thing I have learned is don't make too many changes at once. Make a change and data log to see if change worked. I also read read read and ask questions. There are a ton of really knowledgable people on here. One thing that has the fear of god in me is running lean(supercharged setup). I probably overthink a change I am about to make, but thats not a bad think. Cheers

Tuner in Training
    I'm also tuning my 3.7. Did a ecoboost twin turbo kit. I'm also learning as I go. Working on my injectors right now. Turns out our cars fuel system is more like the Australian cars. Any injector data you have will need to be scaled, you can't just plug it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Boody78 View Post
    Any injector data you have will need to be scaled, you can't just plug it in.
    That is not correct. 2016 3.7 custom turbo runs like a champ with big injector SAE data:

https://www.facebook.com/veee.perfor...type=3&theater

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    That is not correct. 2016 3.7 custom turbo runs like a champ with big injector SAE data:

https://www.facebook.com/veee.perfor...type=3&theater
    That's a nice setup! I purchased injectors that were advertised for the 3.7 from DW. Even though their website stresses that they are all about data imageine my surprise that when my $400 injectors arrived and I went to their website, they don't even list the part number! After I emailed them they sent me "preliminary" data, but it was way off. Through research I learned that the 3.7 uses a 4bar returnless fuel system and the data sheets supplied by ford racing and most after market companies is calibrated at 3bar. The data they sent me was calibrated this way but even after scaling it is flat out wrong. I've been able to get my fuel trims somewhat in line by scaling the stock data.

We have DW injectors and we used data their provided - fuel is spot on. You must have a wrong injectors or something else is wrong.

Tuner in Training
    We have DW injectors and we used data their provided - fuel is spot on. You must have a wrong injectors or something else is wrong.

They do not have data for the injectors I purchased. They emailed me "pre-release data" after I complained, and asked me for my feedback. The data that they provided was calibrated at 3bar, and even after I converted it to 4bar it was still not correct.

These are the injectors I bought MPN# 16U-00-0065-6: https://www.americanmuscle.com/deats...lb-1116v6.html

This is DW's Ford calibration data page: https://www.deatschwerks.com/ford-calibration-summaries

The part# is not listed on their page.

I'm glad you had an easier time of it, but it has been quite a hassle for me. I now know more about the s550 v6 fuel system then I ever wanted to and I have everything sorted pretty well now. The car is running great.

My advise to a fellow noob is that to verify with the supplier of the data that it is calibrated for a 4bar returnless fuel system or it may not be a simple cut and paste situation.

You must have entered something wrong, like different unit or incorrect decimal. Been entering DW data for yonks always perfect.

Post your tune
    Last edited by veeefour; 08-25-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Tuner in Training
    You must have entered something wrong, like different unit or incorrect decimal. Been entering DW data for yonks always perfect.

Post your tune
    You seem to be missing what I'm saying. They do not have data for these injectors. Please take a look at their site and let me know if you find it.

Well you better buy the injectors you have a data for...you cant' "scale" the data yourself no matter what kind of Tuning-Fu you know.
    Last edited by veeefour; 08-25-2019 at 03:49 PM.

Tuner in Training
    https://www.deatschwerks.com/files/d...a%2016u-65.xls
    Post under GM for these injectors

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by slyb28 View Post
    Yea I saw that. It's how I realized that the "pre-release" data they did send me was wrong. The things that should carry over were completely different. I can't find any way to convert GM data to Ford. I did find a post with a spreadsheet that does Ford to GM though.

It's a little annoying because these injectors are advertised everywhere for the s550 v6, but there is no Ford data available.

I should have checked first was the point and the advice I was trying to give.

I was able to scale them and my trims are now very close. Probably not as good as if I had proper data, but good enough for now. It just took weeks of logging my commute every day to accomplish it.

Anyway I feel like we've hijacked this thread so this will be my last post about it.