Thread: 2013 5.3 cam help

Tuner

2013 5.3 cam help

jared white cammed tahoe 10.hpt trying to tune a 2013 Tahoe stock 5.3 ETC. chopper cam installed. setting code P1518 about every 5 key cycles if anyone could help i would appreciate it thanks

Odd. I'm not even showing that as a viable code for a 2013 Tahoe in SI. If you don't have any driveability issues I would find a stock configuration file for your exact vehicle and see if that code is enabled in the Engine Diag tab. If it isn't I would set it to "no error reporting" and "uncheck SES".

It's a valid code for older computers, his tune file says it's a throttle module communications code. Check the wiring and connector at the throttle body and the APP on the pedal.

Made he mistyped and put 2013 instead of 2003 like this tune file is for.

For sure needs more tuning with the MAF/VE, idle airflow among other things.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It's a valid code for older computers, his tune file says it's a throttle module communications code. Check the wiring and connector at the throttle body and the APP on the pedal.

Made he mistyped and put 2013 instead of 2003 like this tune file is for.

For sure needs more tuning with the MAF/VE, idle airflow among other things.
    Ahh. Good catch. I looked it up as the title said 2013. Opened the file and saw as you said it is actually a 2003. My bad