Thread: 2010 F350 6.4l starting by itself at midnight - key off - marker lights on ???

Question 2010 F350 6.4l starting by itself at midnight - key off - marker lights on ???

I've got a 2010 F350 6.4L with an SCT livewire + (set stock) & EGR/cooler delete along with blown head gaskets sitting in the parking lot waiting for repairs and at almost the stroke of midnight this thing lights off by itself at high idle with the marker lights on and nothing else. After running out with a crowbar expecting to put someone in the hospital all i find when i open the door is the keys in the off position in the ignition and the truck is almost warmed up. Anyone ever had this happen with an SCT or factory truck? First for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Covert1 View Post
    I've got a 2010 F350 6.4L with an SCT livewire + (set stock) & EGR/cooler delete along with blown head gaskets sitting in the parking lot waiting for repairs and at almost the stroke of midnight this thing lights off by itself at high idle with the marker lights on and nothing else. After running out with a crowbar expecting to put someone in the hospital all i find when i open the door is the keys in the off position in the ignition and the truck is almost warmed up. Anyone ever had this happen with an SCT or factory truck? First for me!!
    Who got murdered at your shop and is now haunting you? Lol but that's really weird was the starter running the whole time or did it shut off?

Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    Who got murdered at your shop and is now haunting you? Lol but that's really weird was the starter running the whole time or did it shut off?
    LOL, right!!! I was freak'n out a little. No the starter wasn't running and nothing seemed out of place. I pulled the keys out of the ign, hit the brake pedal and it kicked off high idle like it normally would then put the keys back in and turned them on then off and then it shut down. F'N WEIRD!!

Potential Tuner
    Is there a remote start on this truck?