Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EEC Update

EEC Update

Today's beta build should correct some editing issues that were reported, where some changes were not seeming to take effect.

Please report back any issues related to this, IN THIS THREAD.

Thanks,

Eric
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    how to update the software? \Thanks

Go to https://www.hptuners.com/downloads/ and download the BETA
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    there is any new update about cars specially in nissan?or there is add some cars features?

Potential Tuner
    Still unable to read 1998 F-150 4X4 4R70W. Validate checksum failed error.

f150.hpt
    VCMSuiteInfo.txt

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Still unable to read 1998 F-150 4X4 4R70W. Validate checksum failed error.

f150.hpt
    VCMSuiteInfo.txt
    Support for those has not been released yet.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    Ahh, that would explain it then. Thanks.

Potential Tuner
    Just download the latest beta and seems to be data logging.. I'll be sure to drive the car and see forsure over time . Thanks Eric at hp

Potential Tuner
    Downloaded the Latest beta, working with a 2004 mustang GT 2v at the moment. Before I could only get to 7 seconds of data logging before it quit now I can get to 28 seconds and it just locks up the interface. I have to remove the usb from the MPVI2 and unplug it from the OBD port in order to reset it and be able to connect back to it. I Also only knocked it down to a couple of channels and it didn't seem to help.

Potential Tuner
    Another Update, was able to get about 1.5min of log time out of the car. Stopped the log to add a channel and it started for a few then locked up again. We have been needing the scanner to chase an issue on the car. I attached what I was able to log on the car.

Thank you for the progress you have made so far Eric on this, were pretty excited to use HP on this.

See attached log.

firstDecentLog.hpl

Potential Tuner
    Eric, is there any updates on this?

Quote Originally Posted by xst3althx View Post
    Eric, is there any updates on this?
    Email support and we can get you the alpha MPVI2 firmware to test. So far it has 100% positive feedback on EEC-V logging. This firmware will be released soon, but if you would like to test we can set you up.

Regards,
    Eric
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Email support and we can get you the alpha MPVI2 firmware to test. So far it has 100% positive feedback on EEC-V logging. This firmware will be released soon, but if you would like to test we can set you up.

Regards,
    Eric
    I have an email into support as well that contains my files.

I would like the firmware as well.
    I'm working on a 99 that I'm having issues with. I may need the firmware upgrade to datalog it.

I am tuning a 1999 Mustang GT
    I tuned this vehicle a long time ago using SCT software. I used his handheld to return the vehicle to stock. I pulled the modified file and the stock file.

I wanted to continue tuning this vehicle using HPT from now on for his corrections and future mods.
    I edited the stock file using the compare function (copy selected values command) using the modified file as the Compare file.

I Write Entire and the vehicle does not run very well at all! It seems to be accepting the “Write Entire”. But the vehicle doesn’t seem to run anything like it did before.
    HPT had an issue when trying to first Read the file in that it seemed to have to have written a VIN for the vehicle to license the file.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by SOMFormula; 07-20-2019 at 07:42 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Is there new updates on logging software? I bought this and was disappointed with the lack of logging on 04 mustang with about 1 min then freezing. Tuning has been great I would just like the ability to use one platform and not a separate device to log then go back and make changes.

Quote Originally Posted by patrickhellard View Post
    Is there new updates on logging software? I bought this and was disappointed with the lack of logging on 04 mustang with about 1 min then freezing. Tuning has been great I would just like the ability to use one platform and not a separate device to log then go back and make changes.
    The firmware update fixes it. Email support to get it, or you can wait a couple of days and it will be in beta.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    Eric the only issue I have seen is that there is random pauses in the data stream. We didnt lose it or have a lockup but the data pauses would also drop out the gauges on the dash at the same time. I tried reducing the amount of channels in the scanner to only have the same issue keep going on.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by xst3althx View Post
    Eric the only issue I have seen is that there is random pauses in the data stream. We didnt lose it or have a lockup but the data pauses would also drop out the gauges on the dash at the same time. I tried reducing the amount of channels in the scanner to only have the same issue keep going on.
    I am having the same issue. I put in ticket and was told it could be a wiring issue with the car and most are not having this issue.

I have removed the radio interference capacitors on the back of the head, so will try and get those back on and see if it helps. Additionally, going to go thru and check everything not stock to see if any issues arise.

For example, I have HID headlights and an aftermarket alarm on the car. I wouldn't think RF noise could cause datalogging issues but who knows. I will at least dig and see if disconnecting any of this fixes this issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRab View Post
    I am having the same issue. I put in ticket and was told it could be a wiring issue with the car and most are not having this issue.

I have removed the radio interference capacitors on the back of the head, so will try and get those back on and see if it helps. Additionally, going to go thru and check everything not stock to see if any issues arise.

For example, I have HID headlights and an aftermarket alarm on the car. I wouldn't think RF noise could cause datalogging issues but who knows. I will at least dig and see if disconnecting any of this fixes this issue.
    HID headlights are known to cause all kinds of electrical issues, especially if aftermarket.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah Ill remove them tonight and see if I can log without those issues.

Tuner in Training
    HIDs removed did not eliminate the issues. I will be checking all grounds this weekend as well.

What else could lead to noise in the wiring that I could possibly look at? 02 Extensions? those RF isolators on back of head?

electrical wise I have aftermarket alarm, relocated battery, 02 extensions and no RF capacitors on the back of the heads