Thread: 1954 Ford w/ 2005 Supercharged Roush Engine Tune Help.

Potential Tuner

1954 Ford w/ 2005 Supercharged Roush Engine Tune Help.

Hello,

I am working on a project with a guy. I will give a little background first. The car is a 1954 Ford 2dr wagon with a 2005 Ford Mustang Roush Supercharged engine and matching automatic trans. We used Ron Francis wiring kit. The car also has a return style fuel system and is only using front 02 sensors.

1. I am having an issue with no throttle response when the car is running. When the car is off I am able to use the pedal to work the throttle body, but when the car is running the throttle does not work.

I do have codes P2104 AND P2111 both for the TAC.

I even disabled the IPC monitor and I am under the impression that when this is disable it stops the quizzer from controlling the throttle.

I have a new pcm flashed to the vin of the Mustang GT before it went to roush. I found some tunes on here from a supercharged saleen mustang and another 2005 mustang that a supercharger was added to get some baseline numbers of where the ecu should be at with the supercharger.

Well Here is the next issue.
    The car will only run off the stock data that came on the new ecu with some changes.

2. The car will not start on the saleen tune or the other supercharged tune. So I am not sure what is going on here.

I will attach the tune files and the log files for the tunes I was talking about. If someone can help with questions number 1 and 2 I would Appreciate it.

I have attached the following files.
    First are the files the car runs off of and the log file named
    54 ford stock no pats 2
    54 ford stock no pats 2.hpt
    54 ford stock no pats 2.hpl

Next File is for the Stock Saleen Mustang with supercharger and log file named
    54 ford stock no pats 2.1 05SALEEN
    54 ford stock no pats 2.1 05SALEEN.hpt
    54 ford stock no pats 2.1 05SALEEN.hpl

Final file is from a car that a supercharger was added to no log file because the same results happen as the above file no start.
    54 ford stock no pats 2.1 1376673627
    54 ford stock no pats 2.1 1376673627 .hpt

Again any help is much appreciated.

Potential Tuner
    So here is a little update on this.

I replaced the TAC motor and did a throttle calibration and the pedal started working. Now the issue I am having is I am getting too much fuel the STFT is going close to -30 trying to pull fuel out. I have not found any vacuum leaks and the tune I am using I don't see anything in the tune for the car to be doing this.

I have added the tune I am using and a log file in case some can see something I am missing.
    54 ford stock no pats 2.1 05SALEEN.hpt
    54 ford stock no pats 2.1 05SALEEN1.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    What MAF sensor are you using and what does the tube look like where it is placed? More than likely this changed compared to the 2005 Mustang, so the MAF curve needs to be tuned.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by doc350 View Post
    What MAF sensor are you using and what does the tube look like where it is placed? More than likely this changed compared to the 2005 Mustang, so the MAF curve needs to be tuned.
    I am using the stock roush MAF.

Here is a picture of the tube it does a dip into the stock Roush MAF

D1877B39-E977-4AE6-84E1-7D6C60BE17B4.jpg