Thread: Flex Fuel OS on MY22 HC/RE/JB

Flex Fuel OS on MY22 HC/RE/JB

Is anyone successfully using the custom OS on a 20-22 HC or more specifically redeye/jailbreak?

I wasn't able to get it to work on a 22 TRX but not sure if anything has changed in the last year or so with it.

Thx

Potential Tuner
    I am running into an issue with a 20 redeye this week. With 93 in it climbs to 70% and fuel trims stay perfect. I've done many other flex cars. This one has me stumpped. I put a ticket in with hp tuners this week and the reply back was the flex patch looks correct... So not sure where to go. I know some tuners stopped offering flex tunes with HP Tuners. I am debating about stopping as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jonx96 View Post
    I am running into an issue with a 20 redeye this week. With 93 in it climbs to 70% and fuel trims stay perfect. I've done many other flex cars. This one has me stumpped. I put a ticket in with hp tuners this week and the reply back was the flex patch looks correct... So not sure where to go. I know some tuners stopped offering flex tunes with HP Tuners. I am debating about stopping as well.
    I haven't had luck with the new cars and Flex Tunes, the older 04-08 yes,
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    Is anyone successfully using the custom OS on a 20-22 HC or more specifically redeye/jailbreak?

I wasn't able to get it to work on a 22 TRX but not sure if anything has changed in the last year or so with it.

Thx
    I just did a 431CI Boosted long block for a guy who is running a Haltech system on a Jail break, but that car is a dedicated Race car.
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Advanced Tuner
    I had issues with the flex patch in my 2020 HC
    I could start a log and read 9.5% alcohol. Drive down the road and it would get to 23. Make another drive it would be 32. Leave car running, refuel with 93 and it would drop to 10, a couple miles later 16, next start up 13.

I dont offer flex tunes because of this

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by white1 View Post
    I had issues with the flex patch in my 2020 HC
    I could start a log and read 9.5% alcohol. Drive down the road and it would get to 23. Make another drive it would be 32. Leave car running, refuel with 93 and it would drop to 10, a couple miles later 16, next start up 13.

I dont offer flex tunes because of this
    This is exactly what I am seeing. The farther he drives the farther wrong it learns. I may push them more. But it looks like flex tunes are not something I want to offer anymore.

Any possibility the scale is reversed on those tunes learning the wrong direction?

Advanced Tuner
    Any possibility the scale is reversed on those tunes learning the wrong direction?
    Possibly, but I dont see how. Pretty much all the patch does is allow the wide band sensors to calculate alcohol content.

However, my concern was why does my alcohol content change but the actual fuel is not changing?

My personal experience went like this
    Loaded patch, logged alcohol content. Was at 9.7% or somewhere around 10 as it should have been
    Drove about 10 miles and it was in the 20's. Next morning, drove about 10 miles and it was close to 30.
    a few hours later cranked the car to test some more and it was around 15% after going into closed loop.
    Drove to gas station, and it was close to 30% was reluctant to use e85, so left car running and logging, and filled up with 93. When done fueling it was at a solid 10.0%
    Drove a few miles back to the shop and it was just over 20%

I dont trust the logic enough to gamble an engine on it, so I went to a straight e85 (E70) tune and been happy since

fair enough, I will probably just do the same.

fair enough, I will probably just do the same.
    What all needs to be done in tune to run just full E85 on these? Just started on a 22 TRX now with Whipple swap and 1300XDS.
    2008 Corvette
    UPP Twin turbo T4 67mm BB billet wheel kit
    427 LME Billet Setup
    Fore Innovations Triple 465 L4 Setup
    FIC 2150 injectors
    RPM TH400/9 inch
    Pro Torque Bolt Together Converter
    MaxxECU Stand Alone

Advanced Tuner
    Many of those flex fuel cals are just default values from the original software build if it wasn't meant to be FFV - so you have to go hunt them down yourself. Even best case scenario, whatever mods you put on the car will also not be perfectly calibrated for...which FFV will read as 'different ethanol content'. Any application, no matter what....YMMV without a sensor.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JekylHyde View Post
    What all needs to be done in tune to run just full E85 on these? Just started on a 22 TRX now with Whipple swap and 1300XDS.
    Theres a couple of different ways to do it. You can change the soich values, or you can manipulate the injector pulsewidth

Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
    Many of those flex fuel cals are just default values from the original software build if it wasn't meant to be FFV - so you have to go hunt them down yourself. Even best case scenario, whatever mods you put on the car will also not be perfectly calibrated for...which FFV will read as 'different ethanol content'. Any application, no matter what....YMMV without a sensor.
    I just want it to be E85 only not Flex.
    2008 Corvette
    UPP Twin turbo T4 67mm BB billet wheel kit
    427 LME Billet Setup
    Fore Innovations Triple 465 L4 Setup
    FIC 2150 injectors
    RPM TH400/9 inch
    Pro Torque Bolt Together Converter
    MaxxECU Stand Alone