Thread: Silly question about putting factory pcm back on a 18 Jeep Wranger JK

Advanced Tuner

Silly question about putting factory pcm back on a 18 Jeep Wranger JK

Jeep had 30k miles when the original PCM went into store and 2nd PCM was installed and flashed.
    To put the vehicle back into OE do we flash the factory stock tune back into the the 2nd PCM, or do we put the factory PCM back ? Jeep is located in California so we want the most sensible approach.
    Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    either way should be fine

Tuner in Training
    I had a replacement PCM unlocked for my 2019 Challenger Redeye. I kept original PCM in case i want to go back to stock. I swapped it back in one day and it will start but transmission will not shift out of the one forward gear it has in limp mode. Engine is also in limp mode and wont rev over 2500 RPM's. PCM must read the TCM that is in the transmission and picks up file mismatch. I can't load the original trans file into trans because my orig PCM is locked. Not sure if i could do a compare and change the years worth of changes back to match files. There are many tables that stay green when doing a compare with original file even after i change setting to match. Sometimes tab will go back to blue if it is a number that i can carry out a few more decimal points to get exact match. Others just won't ever turn tab back to blue for some reason no matter how exact the match appears. So i think it is a maybe on useing your stored PCM. Probably depends on how many changes have been made while tuning.