Thread: Lost my stock file

Potential Tuner

Lost my stock file

Hello, I tell you my problem, my laptop died today with my stock backup file, and without it I can't upgrade to 2 Bar Speed Density since I already have one and to change it I must be in the stock file, my question is: Is there a way to recover it? it would hurt me to have to buy those 2 credits again.

It only has to be the stock file if the file has one of the other custom OSes applied to it. And if you don't post whatever file you still have, no one can look and see things that might be able to help you better.

Also, helps a bunch to post in the section that applies to the system you're working on. This is basically the 'off topic' section. A specific question about a specific file from a specific vehicle is pretty much the polar opposite of 'off topic'.

Potential Tuner
    yes I know, but I lost the StockOS, about the Topic, I didn't know in which category this fell into.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mati0ss View Post
    yes I know, but I lost the StockOS, about the Topic, I didn't know in which category this fell into.
    What vehicle is this? And post the current read from your ECM.

What is it that died on your laptop? If the battery or screen died, or the OS is corrupted, you should still be able to pull the SSD (or HD) out of it, put it into another computer, then pull the files off you need. As long as it wasn't the storage on it which caused it to go Tango Uniform, you should still be able to recover.
    Working on being HPTuners literate.

- Paul J.