Thread: TCC slip rate

Tuner in Training

TCC slip rate

Hey all, Noobie here. Ive been thinking about getting into tuning recently been doing tons of research. My truck (2019 LD 1500 6l80 ) seems to have a slight shake to it. nothing like the rumble strip effect people speak of. It feels like im on a slightly bumpy road 70 percent of the time. Also when im accelerating lightly on an incline in overdrive i get a sensation similar to if you were in a manual car driving steady and every once in a while you lightly tapped the clutch. it feels like the clutch letting go a bit. Because of this it is leading me to believe its the torque converter. eventually id like to change the torque converter out and tune out the slip rate, but for now id like to figure out if it even is the TCC slipping too much. i hooked up a scan tool and took a reading of my slip rates both with afm on and in L5. i was wondering if anyone would be able to take a look at these charts and see if they see anything abnormal

afm AFM on .png

L5 L5.png

the 6l80's stock tune has 44 psi to the converter and lots of clutch slippage programmed into it... zero the tcc parameters, activate it only in 4-6th, and bump tcc line pressure another 40-60 psi

if its shaking bad, you should order the 6l90 converter, and a new trans pump, do the zip kit upgrade