Thread: Question about 2019 RAM 2500 Donor PCM For unlock

Potential Tuner

Question about 2019 RAM 2500 Donor PCM For unlock

Looking to purchase a Donor PCM for my 2019 Ram 2500 6.4L to send in for Unlock so I can revert back to my OEM if need be. I know the Donor PCM will have a different VIN attached correct? If this is the case, will I be able to change the VIN on donor PCM after it is unlocked with VCM editor? Must the VIN be changed on Donor PCM to work in my vehicle? Sorry if dumb question, just new to this and still learning.

Advanced Tuner
    The VIN must be changed during the unlock process. Why the need for a second PCM? If you ever want to revert back to OEM, just flash the stock file back

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you will also need to install a smartkey access behind the center consul
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    you will also need to install a smartkey access behind the center consul
    I've already purchased the smart access cable and installed. Now deciding whether to send send oem PCM in for unlock or purchase a donor to send in.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by white1 View Post
    The VIN must be changed during the unlock process. Why the need for a second PCM? If you ever want to revert back to OEM, just flash the stock file back
    For one, I use the truck as my daily, and am trying to avoid the downtime in sending in my PCM. Also I am new to tuning and still in learning phase. God forbid I screw something up on a flash, I'd like to have a backup. Yes I have multiple copies of base tune, but just thinking worst case scenario's ;-)

As for VIN being changed during unlock process, does HPtuners provide this service or is this something I have to do with VCM Editor once I get unlocked donor PCM back?

Advanced Tuner
    yes no

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you can get a junk yard ecu with same hardware number

read your current file/send the junk yard ecu to HP tuners with the read file
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Guruparts View Post
    For one, I use the truck as my daily, and am trying to avoid the downtime in sending in my PCM. Also I am new to tuning and still in learning phase. God forbid I screw something up on a flash, I'd like to have a backup. Yes I have multiple copies of base tune, but just thinking worst case scenario's ;-)

As for VIN being changed during unlock process, does HPtuners provide this service or is this something I have to do with VCM Editor once I get unlocked donor PCM back?
    The VIN swap will be done during the unlock process. HPtuners does not allow you to change the VIN using VCM editor.
    I definitely understand the down time issue. I bought the unlock equipment for our shop in order to offer same day unlocks. Has definitely made tuning easier than having to wait on the PCM to get back