Thread: Reset time overlay to zero

Potential Tuner

Reset time overlay to zero

First time use of RaceRender. with Track Addict. Recorded an autox lap and trimmed the start and finish. My data time (below video) now says zero at start (first motion), but the on-screen displayed time doesn't. How do I zero the display time to coincide with my trimmed start?

Advanced Tuner
    For these sorts of timers (especially for a lap time where you have an "official" time), I think the built-in Lap functionality is the most convenient and intuitive to use. Take a look at this this thread for a description on how to manually set it up: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post648699

A bonus of using this functionality is that you can use the built in Lap Timer objects. The downside of this functionality is that RaceRender really only supports "staging" for Lap 000. So, if you try to render multiple laps/runs in a single video, the lap functionality won't work as you'd expect, and you'd need to switch to a manual timer; or you could render the laps individually and then combine them later.

Potential Tuner
    Does your suggestion require me to run a closed track format with a common start and finish? Because I'm using the AutoX track mode with a separate start and finish.

I did add the Standard Timer from the display items list, but it starts earlier than first motion, so I leave the line with several seconds already showing. After trimming, I can get the red/green flag timer below the video to start at zero. So it's not critical that I get the display timer working. But I'm also displaying distance and once again...it doesn't start at zero once I've trimmed the video length. Seems odd that I can't just push a button and reset these items to zero prior to starting the video.

Advanced Tuner
    That's essentially what I'm using for my autocross videos (with some other enhancements to take advantage of "previous" runs):

You can adjust the Lap 000 time to align the start of Lap 001 with when you cross the line, and then the end should automatically line up with when you cross the finish.