Thread: FTC definition

Tuner in Training

FTC definition

I've used google and forum searches looking for a definition of the available fuel trim cells values (PID 6310). Maybe I'm not using the right search terms, but it would be nice to have a list of the cell values and the conditions each represent since 6310 is such a useful PID for filters.

Corollary: would these values/definitions be different on the gen V (specifically E92) platform from earlier ECMs?
    Last edited by liviner; 01-23-2023 at 02:14 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    This is from the old Help docs. The .EU website still exists and works but the US (.com) website was replaced by the newer version. No idea why they left out so much from the old help...
    So, while it still works I'd recommend you save any pages you want to keep...
    https://www.hptuners.eu/help/vcm_edi..._fuel_loop.htm

Not sure if it's 100% applicable to Gen5, but if you are seeing similar numbers or a similar pattern of numbers, you should be able to figure out some basics like decel, idle(a/c on and off), etc... after reading over that page.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for that, but I'm fairly certain based on my research it changed to only 0-15 cells for gen IV and later. So far, I found the below on this old post related to gen IV.

cell 0-5 Airflow based, Purge On
    cell 6 Idle, Purge On
    cell 7 Decel, Purge On
    cell 8-13 Airflow based, Purge Off
    cell 14 Idle, Purge Off
    cell 15 Decel, Purge Off
    This line up with what I've logged, as decel always corresponds to cell 15, and low throttle steady state driving is typically 0 or 8.
    Last edited by liviner; 01-23-2023 at 08:02 PM. Reason: additional info

Tuner in Training
    Also, if I base my filtering on the above 0-15 definitions, it cleans the logs up nicely for my needs.

Tuner
    Looks like FTC (PID $1190) in Gen 5 is exactly the same as in Gen 4.
    I've compared E38 OS 12639835 and E92 OS 12659566.
    2011 Cadillac Escalade L94 w/LS3 valves and valve springs