Thread: 6l90 question

Potential Tuner

6l90 question

I'm new to this forum so forgive me if this isn't the correct place to post this question. But anyway I have 6l90 going behind a 4bt Cummins. I know one option to get this to work is a TCM-2650. my question however is back when the 4l80e was newer people discovered if you use a factory ECM and hook up the proper sensors you could run that transmission behind practically any engine that could bolt behind it, if I'm not mistaken it was the TPS and the tach signal you needed. Now I know that transmission has no internal computer just solenoids. So my question is what sensors does the 6l90 use or does anyone even know. I have 2 different ideas one was to use a e38 ECM and the DBW throttle body with a arm in place of the butterfly to pull the throttle then weld the 58x reluctor wheel off of a ls crank to the cummins balancer I could even hook up MAF or MAP if that would be necessary basically the only thing that I couldn't hook up is the injectors or ignition coils obviously. my thinking is that as far as the computer is concerned it wouldn't know that it is hooked up to a Cummins or an ls. My second idea is basically the same but I would take apart a DBW throttle body and try it figure out what pins are responsible for TPS so I wouldn't have to have the whole throttle body there. I understand this would need a custom transmission tune as well. Does anyone have any idea if this will work.

All the info to the 6L80/90 is CAN Data. You will have a massive undertaking. A little google foo came up with this. I have zero knowledge if it works.
    https://www.zerogravityperformance.c...e-6l90e-6l50e/

Only option is the PCS kit above for the aftermarket.. still have to tune the TCM in the VB with software like Hp tuners

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C