Thread: 13 Ram 1500 MDS 5.7 Engine Swap 13 2500 5.7 NON MDS

Tuner

13 Ram 1500 MDS 5.7 Engine Swap 13 2500 5.7 NON MDS

Basically going to engine swap to non mds 5.7 and need to know what to change or need a known working tune file for this swap and start up. I?m sure i could just swap the engine segment but before i make the jump to a dyno tune but I?m still new somewhat to the tuning aspect and will probably need some help with this. Any input would be great, thanks for any help

Advanced Tuner
    All you NEED to do is disable the MDS system.

The 1500 vs 2500 calibrations are slightly different from what I remember, but will be good enough until you can get dyno tuned.
    Last edited by white1; 02-21-2023 at 07:41 AM.

If the truck is a 1500 that you installing a 2500 series non MDS 5.7……..all that is needed is to turn off the MDS.
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRam View Post
    If the truck is a 1500 that you installing a 2500 series non MDS 5.7??..all that is needed is to turn off the MDS.
    im under the impression that the cam profile is completely different and so is timing to compliment the standard cam shaft. at least those cams and valve train parts have different numbers but the crank matches.

in my case, its already turned off with the switch, is there any associated check engine lights im not aware of quite yet?

does the eco mode / mds multipliers and filter need to be adjusted.
    LOL this is an awesome program after fiddling with it and its paid itself off already but im entering uncharted territory and dont want to ruin new engine.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by white1 View Post
    All you NEED to do is disable the MDS system.

The 1500 vs 2500 calibrations are slightly different from what I remember, but will be good enough until you can get dyno tuned.
    I know the cam profile is different, do you know if i need to pre disable any associated check engine lights.
    do you know if the eco mode / mds multipler and filter changes?
    thanks

Tuner
    Yep, just turning off mds switch in fuel management also disabled associated lights and no more needed.

Tuner
    Be nice to get base for long tube headers for 87 octane without messing with timing and all that extra.