Thread: Diablo to HP

Potential Tuner

Diablo to HP

2008 Silverado 5.3 ly5, Cold Air Inductions Intake, 1 7/8" LT Headers. Truck has a diablo custom tune on it now gonna start with hp tuners tomorrow. I don't have a wide band to tune with at the moment. Any suggestions or tips to get me started correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjoe3737 View Post
    2008 Silverado 5.3 ly5, Cold Air Inductions Intake, 1 7/8" LT Headers. Truck has a diablo custom tune on it now gonna start with hp tuners tomorrow. I don't have a wide band to tune with at the moment. Any suggestions or tips to get me started correctly?
    Diablo locks the tune, so you are going to have to revert back to the stock tune to unlock it before you can read/flash the truck with HPT. If you cannot revert the ECM back to stock first, then you will have to pay someone to hack the ECM to unlock it.
    A standard approach will give you standard results.

My Tuning Software:

VVE Assistant [update for v1.5]
    MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the response. I have the factory tune still on my diablo tune i3 so I will reinstall it before I use the HPT.

yes, you have to do the Restore Original Backup process from the diablo tool in order to restore the original factory stock tunes to the truck first, in order to unlock/reset the diablo programmer... If you don't, then it would still be locked to your vehicle and you or anyone else wouldn't be able to use it on another supported GM vehicle.
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune