Thread: AEM wideband with HPVI3

Potential Tuner

AEM wideband with HPVI3

AEM 30-0300x
    Prolink adapter for HPVI3
    P01 PCM

CAN bus or Analog and why?
    To my understanding so far CAN bus is better but only with with vehicles that work off of CAN its not going to be hooked up 24/7 only when logging other than that i have the guage to watch when im not logging. So will CAN signals work? or does is need to be hooked up from the analog connections.

Also the wiring portion for CAN if i am correct it should be:
    Wideband Prolink
    White/Black to Orange
    Green/Black to Yellow
    Brown to Black

And for analog it will be:
    Wideband Prolink
    White to Red (or Blue)
    Brown to Black

What's the year, make, model, & engine?

Advanced Tuner
    If you are using the MPVI3, with the ProLink, you can use CAN on any vehicle.
    The ProLink CAN interface connects, directly, to the AEMNet CAN lines on the 30-0300/30-0310 wiring harnesses.

In that case, do not use the 30-0334. The 30-0334 connects via the OBD2 port, So, it needs there to be CAN available on the connector.
    The ProLink has its own CAN interface.

Potential Tuner
    1999 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3l that has been bored to a 5.7l

Potential Tuner
    Thank you that is what i really needed to know, and i already have the 30-0300 afr so that is the one that i planned on using.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    If you are using the MPVI3, with the ProLink, you can use CAN on any vehicle.
    The ProLink CAN interface connects, directly, to the AEMNet CAN lines on the 30-0300/30-0310 wiring harnesses.

In that case, do not use the 30-0334. The 30-0334 connects via the OBD2 port, So, it needs there to be CAN available on the connector.
    The ProLink has its own CAN interface.

Is this only a MPVI3 thing or should MPVI2+ be able to do this? I wired mine for both but haven't gotten the can to work on GEN 3 vehicles.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs