Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LC9 Swap Into a 34 Ford starts then dies after 2 seconds Diabled vats, etc

Senior Tuner
    What is the intake like where the MAF is mounted. Is this the Suburban air intake still?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    What is the intake like where the MAF is mounted. Is this the Suburban air intake still?
    It is an aftermarket chrome 4 inch intake with the maf mounted about 10 inches from the throttle body. The suburban also had a 4 inch intake pipe on it also.

Senior Tuner
    I don't know how much different the signal output is from one type of maf sensor to the other. I think the aftermarket Camaro intakes are 4" also, so the Camaro values may be closer to start with. Either way you are likely going to have to adjust the MAF.

Looking at Rock Auto the MAFs between the GEN 5 Camaro LS3 and the 08 5.3 LC9 is mounted different so I'm not sure what you did there. Both are 5 Pin sensors so I would assume both have the IAT.

Tuner in Training
    I haven't had access to my laptop to compare a stock file between the two. I am hoping the suburban does have an iat and the one he has is just bad. I'm going over there this evening to run it and get a data log. Only thing I don't like is he doesn't have a wide band.

Senior Tuner
    There is a chance the sensors are wired differently between the Camaro and Suburban style also, and PSI wired it for the Camaro style.

Tuner in Training
    He is installing the suburban maf in a custom intake setup. So far the car is running great on it. I will update when he is finished.

Tuner in Training
    I wanted to let some time go by to make sure everything was working right. My buddy mounted a stock suburban maf in a custom intake tube he made and has put 600 miles on the swap and it's running great. I just want to say thank you for the help and feedback. I'm having a great time learning. Thanks for everything.