Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12613412 injector data for Gen III, refined version

Quote Originally Posted by gesmith80 View Post
    You are correct. My truck is not a E38. It is a P01 - 0411 (12200411). I now understand that file is not a full tune and is only for the injector data. Question, if this were you, how would you approach creating an initial tune to start this truck? Sure, I can get a base tune from the dyno shop... but I would like to learn to create a tune and tweak to over time after the truck is dynoed by a professional. Would you start with the stock 2001 5.3 tune and add or would you start from say a 2003 Silverado SS with 6.0 base tune and add the injector info for the 12613412 injectors, torque info, map info and adjust for the performance cam?
    You might not be understanding how the injector data works. The data you put in allows the PCM/ECM to give an exact measurement of fuel based on injector dwell or on time. It is like having a water nozzle on a garden hose or a fire hose with the same pressure. The nozzle can control a specific amount of fuel regardless if it is a garden hose or a fire hose. However when you need a lot of water to put out a big fire you take the fire hose. As modifications are made to the engine to make it require more fuel you need those bigger injectors.
    Injectors with correct data does not change the tune. It does not change drive-ability. It ONLY gives you the ability to put more fuel in the engine IF IT IS NEEDED. Don't confuse injector data and injectors with needing to tune MAF, VE, VVE, timing or anything related to tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Because I don't sleep like normal humans, I went back over the Gen IV L96 source data and converted for the 8 kPa misalignment (408 - 488 kPa delta instead of 400 - 480). The Offset table is also adjusted to get rid of that 8 kPa misalignment. In reality that 8 kPa (1.16 PSI) error makes no difference, but hey. Boredom.

If you have a running, tuned build using the previous data don't use this (or maybe do, and then let me know if/how much anything was off afterwards?). But if you wanna be really particular and have one with these injectors that's yet to be tuned, use this instead.

Attachment 130348
    Attachment 130349

As always my conversions are done manually using copy/paste and interpolation, and the conversion spreadsheet for the Short Pulse Adder table because I hate doing that one by hand. (https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post700901)
    What does "referenced, no referenced and refined" mean? im a noob

The vacuum hose going to a fuel pressure regulator is called a reference. That means it uses manifold vacuum (or pressure, since vacuum is also a measurement of pressure, it's just negative pressure when compared to normal atmosphere) to adjust fuel pressure at a 1:1 rate (manifold pressure goes up by 1 PSI, then fuel pressure also goes up by 1 PSI). If you have a regulator with a vacuum hose going to it, you have a referenced system.

However, if you pull the vacuum hose off and run it like that, or if it never had a vacuum hose, then it's non-referenced - fuel pressure stays the same no matter what the engine is doing.

Refined just means I adjusted the numbers to account for the E38 file giving numbers for 59.1 PSI (408 kPa) fuel pressure instead of 58.0 PSI (400 kPa).

Potential Tuner
    Blindsquirrel,

I don't have all the setting from your screenshot available in my version of HP Tuners. Are these advance settings that require HP Tuner training? If not, how do I activate these setting?

Mine looks like below.
    HP Fuel Screenshot.png

Potential Tuner
    I am good now. I only need to open HP Tuners in Advance View.

Senior Tuner
    Thank you squirrel for the info. Maybe I'll ditch the Volvo injectors (0280155831) after all.

What should be done with the transients tab? Pull data from a factory flex file? I get that all that stuff has to do with port geometry and spray pattern. Thing is I don't know any of those factory files that aren't referenced fuel pressure.

Help with 12613412

I have a 2000 Silverado with 5.3 small camshaft, 76mm turbo. Got a base file from tuner, & truck fires up but floods out. Baro reads 100kpa. So I was comparing other files with 12613412 injectors. And it seems like the SHORT PULSE ADDER is way off compared to other files. Could this be problem. Any help is appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't know what to tell you, my data is converted from what GM used in all the hundreds of thousands of vehicles that came with these injectors. The data is the data, it is not a tuning aid, it is not something you fiddle with to make it run better.

L96 Short Pulse Adder vs converted Gen 3 data:
    screenshot.19-12-2023 21.51.14.png

Advanced Tuner
    I bought some of the "3412" injectors from FIC to put in a customers truck and this is the data i was sent.
    Its quite different from BlindSquirrel's data he come with converting.
    I should have done a comparison of his data in the truck and FIC data in the truck but customer was in a hurry so i ran out of time pretty quick.
    The truck ran great with FIC data.
    I ordered a few more sets of those injectors to do a comparison on the next couple trucks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by RDF1 View Post
    I bought some of the "3412" injectors from FIC to put in a customers truck and this is the data i was sent.
    Its quite different from BlindSquirrel's data he come with converting.
    I should have done a comparison of his data in the truck and FIC data in the truck but customer was in a hurry so i ran out of time pretty quick.
    The truck ran great with FIC data.
    I ordered a few more sets of those injectors to do a comparison on the next couple trucks.
    The factory 412's are about $50 a full set of 8 on ebay NEW. I can't see paying for any high dollar injectors when these 50 pounders are accurate, cheap, and flow more than enough for modified and E85 setups in N/A setups. Mind me asking what you paid for the full set?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    The factory 412's are about $50 a full set of 8 on ebay NEW. I can't see paying for any high dollar injectors when these 50 pounders are accurate, cheap, and flow more than enough for modified and E85 setups in N/A setups. Mind me asking what you paid for the full set?
    My cost was about 260? i think it was.
    He wanted them so he paid for them.
    I ordered some from Blind Squirrels guy off ebay to compare them to these on the flow bench.

Quote Originally Posted by RDF1 View Post
    My cost was about 260? i think it was.
    He wanted them so he paid for them.
    I ordered some from Blind Squirrels guy off ebay to compare them to these on the flow bench.
    Ooh. Let us know how they do.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    Ooh. Let us know how they do.
    I will. the guy wont be back in town till end of January tho

Senior Tuner
    What flow bench do you have that can measure more than IFR?

I'd trust blindsquirrel's converted GM data over the FIC stuff. Lot of fuckery going on over there lately.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    What flow bench do you have that can measure more than IFR?

I'd trust blindsquirrel's converted GM data over the FIC stuff. Lot of fuckery going on over there lately.
    ASNU Ram

Tuner
    Will this be the same data for PO1 ecu? Thanks
    2002 Escalade LQ9 11:1, forged wiseco pistons , 220/[email protected] cam , Tbss Intake , 50Lb FIC injectors , ported and milled 317s , FBO, true duals 3", PTC built 4l65e and 2800stall with billet front , Half ass tuned by myself ...Trying to learn how to do it right ✅️

Potential Tuner
    Which FIC injectors are you talking about? Fuel Injection Clinic or Fuel Injection Connection?