Thread: unlicensed vehicle and HP support

Tuner in Training

unlicensed vehicle and HP support

N/M Figured it out. Thanks support.
    William
    Last edited by cobill1972; 04-14-2023 at 06:14 PM. Reason: problem fixed

Potential Tuner
    newbie here. I am using mpvi3. i have purchased a total of 8 credits. I have resynced my device. however, I am getting an alert for unlicensed vehicle when I try to write the TCM tune on my 2021 F350

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cobill1972 View Post
    N/M Figured it out. Thanks support.
    William
    how did you figure it out?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtflyboy25 View Post
    how did you figure it out?
    By opening a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    By opening a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    Been going back and forth with no solution all week. Ticket # 427851

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I took a look at the ticket and TBH it does look like user error. Info from the "stock pull 000" file
    Creation Date: 5/15/2024 2:08:59 AM

VIN: 1G1JC52F847122475
    2004 Chevrolet Cavalier, 2.2 L, L4, GM_P11

Hardware: P11, GM 2.2L L4
    VIN: 1G1JC52F847122475
    Serial: 86YFAMM33176E1GQ

info from the ecm you are trying to flash to
    ECM: 10, VPW - P11, GM 2.2L L4
    VIN: 1G1JC52F847122475 - 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier, 2.2 L, L4, GM_P11
    Serial: 86YFAMM33176E1GQ
    Calibration IDs: 12598577
    Basic PIDs: 18
    Controller Type ID By VIN: 5100

You do not have a license for the vin/os pairing currently in the vehicle.

Read the vehicles ecm as it sits and license that vin/os pairing, use that file as your new base file & tune away.

This does not appear to be an issue on our end based on the information you provided.

Tuner in Training
    I have the full license pack for all 2004 Cavalier 2.2L. I pull the stock file from the ecu, change just VATS, go to write it, purchase a license when it asks then hit write. It says unlicensed vehicle. This is the 4th ECU now I have tried paying for credits for EACH one and then today the master figuring well if i have all of them it shouldnt think its unlicensed. Its still doing it.

This is the process I am doing.

1. Turn laptop on, get it connected to dongle and have VCM Editor open. Most recent beta
    2. Click Help>Resync Interface
    3. Click Read Vehicle. - Attached file is joel cavy 00
    4. I change VATS do be disabled as this is a stand alone harness dirt track car,
    5. hit save, file attached as joel cavy 001 nothing else is changed.
    6. Clicked write vehicle
    7. License Thing popped up. Normalled id pay for the license with 2 credits. This time I paid 3 or 5 or whatever it was to unlock ALL of the 2004 Cavaliers.
    8. I set to Write Entire, turn off high speed.
    9. I click write - see attached photo
    10. It flashes and then says unlicensed vehicle. See attached photo. It has done this on every Cavalier I have tried with this MPVI3. I have done multiple on the MPVI2, but I dont have it anymore. Lost it.
    11. I have tried to move and delete license.dat. It will flash the licensing, then it goes right back to saying unlicensed vehicle.

hptuners.jpg
    Last edited by mtflyboy25; 1 Day Ago at 06:44 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I have the full license pack for all 2004 Cavalier 2.2L.
    even if you DID(which do NOT have the year/model license for these), the vin/os pairing in the ecm would need to fall under that year/model license for you to be able to flash to it.

I recently installed a hptuner PCM that an owner purchased vs unlocking his orig computer in a 2021 Silverado, did the VCM scanner replace ecm function, immo learn & crank relearn with GM MDI2, read tune (hptuner download file), licensed it with 6 credits, and then the next day it says not licensed. 6 more credits used to license it again. Sent support ticket 428404 which has been a back and forth for many days now. The time I spent emailing, getting items from the truck & vcm suite, and it be ongoing without anyway to speak to someone is crazy to me.

Pretty much being told I licensed the original ecm from what I gather in the emails. How does someone license an ecm that is locked and the hptuner software will tell you that an unlock needs to be performed. The download file after swapping computers I got from HpTuners had to be messed up or something that I originally licensed. It shows 2 different serial numbers for licensing on my device, but I only have one computer from hptuners in the truck. This truck also has brake error messages now once the pcm was changed and I have not gotten them to clear. Or is the PCM defective is the next question. I'll probably need to buy 6 more credits to license a replacement PCM, so not interested in going there.

This is not my first rodeo with unlocked pcm's and all I asked for was the 6 credits be put back on my device. Pretty simple to me, but it's clearly not that simple. No phone number to call hptuners, can't get a call from anyone, you're not allowed to get any direct messages on here, so the customer is going to get billed for 12credits it looks like. I gave hptuners a chance to correct it before this customer has a field day with online bashing. I'm pissed too because it looks bad on me.
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST (93-E85 flex fuel tune)
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camaro6 View Post
    I recently installed a hptuner PCM that an owner purchased vs unlocking his orig computer in a 2021 Silverado, did the VCM scanner replace ecm function, immo learn & crank relearn with GM MDI2, read tune (hptuner download file), licensed it with 6 credits, and then the next day it says not licensed. 6 more credits used to license it again. Sent support ticket 428404 which has been a back and forth for many days now. The time I spent emailing, getting items from the truck & vcm suite, and it be ongoing without anyway to speak to someone is crazy to me.

Pretty much being told I licensed the original ecm from what I gather in the emails. How does someone license an ecm that is locked and the hptuner software will tell you that an unlock needs to be performed. The download file after swapping computers I got from HpTuners had to be messed up or something that I originally licensed. It shows 2 different serial numbers for licensing on my device, but I only have one computer from hptuners in the truck. This truck also has brake error messages now once the pcm was changed and I have not gotten them to clear. Or is the PCM defective is the next question. I'll probably need to buy 6 more credits to license a replacement PCM, so not interested in going there.

This is not my first rodeo with unlocked pcm's and all I asked for was the 6 credits be put back on my device. Pretty simple to me, but it's clearly not that simple. No phone number to call hptuners, can't get a call from anyone, you're not allowed to get any direct messages on here, so the customer is going to get billed for 12credits it looks like. I gave hptuners a chance to correct it before this customer has a field day with online bashing. I'm pissed too because it looks bad on me.
    Sounds like you licensed someone elses file to me

license.JPG