Thread: Body Configuration Error - WTF?

Body Configuration Error - WTF?

This is on a 99 Camaro, I suddenly have a B1001, Body Configuration error constantly on. This is within the last several months.

I've also been having problems with the car starting, and my father-in-law said that another car he worked on had a similar problem, and changing the ignition switch fixed it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    John

Senior Tuner
    Does that model come with that "DAM THEFTLOCK"? My car is only a 6 but it's a 2000. I've replaced the ignition 3 times because it keeps screwing up like you are saying. But mine would also leave me sitting there for 10 minutes not able to start the car. That system is complete crap and a waste of money, I wish I could take it out completely. It has cost me $530 twice, once under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by guardsman01
    This is on a 99 Camaro, I suddenly have a B1001, Body Configuration error constantly on. This is within the last several months.

I've also been having problems with the car starting, and my father-in-law said that another car he worked on had a similar problem, and changing the ignition switch fixed it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    John
    Probably the ignition switch. I had the same problem with a security light and the no start..... replaced the switch and everything was good.
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1