Thread: Rtd tunes

Potential Tuner

Rtd tunes

I?m new to this and I have a rtd device and probably a locked tune. If I get a mpvi3 will I be able to see what has been done if I download the tune from my car. Im not looking to change or do anything other than see/know what has been enabled/disabled or what set points are for things like o2, misfire, afr etc.

Purely for my own knowledge and maybe piece of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Newtuna View Post
    I?m new to this and I have a rtd device and probably a locked tune. If I get a mpvi3 will I be able to see what has been done if I download the tune from my car. Im not looking to change or do anything other than see/know what has been enabled/disabled or what set points are for things like o2, misfire, afr etc.

Purely for my own knowledge and maybe piece of mind.
    Negative ghost rider, the lock is there on all HPT devices

Compare the OS #on the RTD file to your stock os#. If they are the same you can read it out on a MPVI. It is common for tuners to scramble the OS so it cannot be read. I have successfully done it once.

Advanced Tuner
    RTD is a scam. Lock whole time

Tuner in Training
    Is there a way to unscramble the OS? Maybe with Hex editor?

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad03snake View Post
    Is there a way to unscramble the OS? Maybe with Hex editor?
    I mean if you know what car its from you can narrow down the list of potential OS's significantly, if you have a hex editor, you could take an unscrambled file and see where the OS name is stored. Then it would be a game of chance just trying OS ID's that you've found.

I don't know if that would work, I'm shooting from the hip here, there may be more layers of security, but I kind of doubt that its all that complex.
    I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing

Cant speak for Fords but on GM and Dodge if you do a new read with the MPVI it will pull the file with no issues.

www.n2speed.com
    http://www.amp4x4.com
    [email protected]

Dodge And GM Tuning Suppport
    Diablosport CMR | HP Tuners