Thread: Motorcycle Tuning

Potential Tuner

Motorcycle Tuning

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I was wondering if it is possible to tune a motorcycle (2005 Suzuki Boulevard c90) with HP Tuner? I know that it is not among the "Supported Vehicles", but was looking for some guidance.

Thanks
    Kendal

Senior Tuner
    Very doubtful since there are really no motorcycles other than Indian/Polaris on the list. The bike probably doesn't even support OBDII in any format.

A lot of bikes are going OBD2, and I asked on another forum if they had plans to add Honda, Harley, Suzuki, Kawasaki, KTM,,,, etc and they gave me the response that things were in the works, or at least the impression they were.

If I can help I would surely do so.

Just let me know how I can.

If I need to pull and send .bin files let me know what I need to pull them with and I will get it done.

I have a way to pull MT05 ECU bin files, just need a way to pull the rest.

I also have most connectors I could find for most brands, I already had a Polaris connector, but found it dose not work with HP tuners, so had to buy the HP tuners connector. If someone could tell me the difference in the cables it would be nice, so I don't have to buy another one to dissect.

If it is possible to just use a J2534 and pull .bin files from OBD2 equipped machines, I am pretty new to the whole EFI thing as far as tuning and flashing, but been doing the mechanic and diag part sense I was 8 years old.

I have a pretty good knowledge of computers and am self taught on some programming languages such as Basic, HTML, JS, C, C++, Cisco,,, etc so I just need to get put in the right direction to get started.

I try to work on all makes and Models, but that is getting harder being that everything has gone EFI and from what I have seen so far there is no software out there that covers it all, but to think I would have to purchase License for so many different software at such insane prices is just crazy to think about.

What happened to the $14 EPROM programmer from Radio Shack days? RTR and all that ? Free Internet?

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the input and offers of assistance. Pauls, you sound a lot like me. I'm a developer by trade and have been turning wrenches since 12. I just recently bought my MPVI3 for some vehicles I have and to try and learn as much as I can, but also have a bike and was curious if I may be able to do something in that avenue.