Thread: GEN 5 ltft+stft scanning issue

Advanced Tuner

GEN 5 ltft+stft scanning issue

Anyone have a good gen 5 layout they can share?

Specifically, when i build a stft+ltft graph using the correct axis/row numers it wont log correclty when scanned; only showing 'hits' at the very bottom of the graph.
    But, if i use "gen 3" row/axis numbers it will log, but obvisouly not have the corect info as its missing many RPM/kpa points on the graph.

I figured if someone has a good GEN 5 layout i can figure out what my issue is. (using lastest hp suite)

Tuning Addict
    I assume for your VE tuning? You have to log Pratio, not map for the row axis. You'll need baro and map in the channels too...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    I assume for your VE tuning? .
    yes sir

You have to log Pratio, not map for the row axis. .
    pressure ratio in the maths section?

Tuning Addict
    Yes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Yes.
    thank you, again

Advanced Tuner
    I have the MAF disabled now, and logging the right stuff thanks to Ghuggins above...

The truck runs much better with the MAF failed. no dips or surges when coming to a stop, just smooth idle. And a really smooth idle at that.
    This was tund by a well known tuner about 3 years ago, and I'm now getting into it due to some changes and learning GEN 5 stuff.

From what i read it should be lean all over due to the bigger t-body and intake, but, it was actuall rich all over. (all over as in 3500 and down)

So i was able to pull fuel out of it via the VVE and now I'm pretty even with +-1 or 2

Now i need to do my MAF.

Which brings up another topic, my CAI heats up pretty good, and takes a while for it to cool down. I will have to address that soon. Maybe i can make some type of ram air for it and get outside air to it. I'll probbaly wrap the entire tube with some heat shielding as well. At one point, i saw 154 degrees at 107 ambient temp..That was sitting at a stop light, but that is way too hot for my liking.

Now to look how to set up for MAF tuning.

Tuning Addict
    Just set it to 100% (theoretical) MAF via dynamic settings of 400 and 300.

How many miles are on your 5.3? I typically see 15ish percent rich by 150K due to injector wear, so keep that in mind. You "might" want to counter shift the torque model as I often see worn injectors causing fuel pull to cause excessive up and down shifts eventually causing clutch wear and transmission failure, so if you notice it downshifting with light pedal movement and then upshifting back into the same gear it was in then you might need to address that. Otherwise keep on truckin

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Just set it to 100% (theoretical) MAF via dynamic settings of 400 and 300.
    thank you
    How many miles are on your 5.3?
    lower end 118k. Heads about 20k.
    You "might" want to counter shift the torque model
    no trans issues. When it goes itll get stronger parts installed and a 3k stall. Turbo is on the horizon.

Tuning Addict
    OK, if it starts doing it just keep in mind how to fix it.

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    keep on truckin
    my MAF was already at 200/100 from the tuner. I compared my before and after tune files and see he left it that low. Not sure if it was a mistake or not, but, roughly 3 years at MAf set that low.

I went out to log MAF after and the scanner would not 'log' stfts and MAF freq to show +- errors.
    I tried several different ways and only would see "0" (zeros) being logged across the MAf freq.
    I tried several different ways of logging stft/ltft with pressure ratio, maths, antying i could think of, and i couldnt get it to log like i can with GEN3 stuff. I know im doing something wrong, just trying to figure out what i have entered incorrectly.

Tuning Addict
    Post a log and a pic of your MAF hysto layout like I did above for you.

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Post a log and a pic o
    I turned off computer and restarted.
    I got it working now.
    MAF is rich pretty much from the beginning to the end of the freq
    I'll do some logging once the temp cools down later this evening.
    it's 101 ambient so not too bad, but i try to do all my logging at the same or close temps.

sp.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    Something I've noticed for years now with the editor is you often have to close and reopen the scanner or layout to get new parameters to start logging, especially if it's a custom math. Think this issue started around version 3 and never got fixed... Makes it a serious pain when you're trying to check a math parameter change on a log you're going through. Most likely what your issue was since restarting fixed it.

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Something I've noticed for years now with the editor is you often have to close and reopen the scanner .
    yessir..
    weird for sure