Thread: MPVI3 and Ballenger AFR500V2 questions

Potential Tuner

Question MPVI3 and Ballenger AFR500V2 questions

Hello,

First post so please be gentle. I'm doing some upgrades to my 2014 Chevy SS and my good friend who normally would be flashing the tune (done by Pat G) and helping me tweak it a little if needed moved to Florida. Decided to take the plunge and get my own gear (laptop and MPVI3) to flash the tune and do things myself, but I have a question about a wideband. Friend said he likes using the Ballenger AFR500V2 for a wideband which I'm fine with but I'm curious about how it integrates with the MPVI3.

Gauge wise I've got dual Aeroforce which is OBD II based, and a boost/vac gauge from Speedhut for the Magnuson 2650. I know the Aeroforce can read things if they're in the tune like ethanol content but will I be able to view AFR also? I know there's a the AFR500V2 CAN version but I don't know if that's what I need.

Speedhut also makes an AFR gauge that can read from the Ballenger so that's an option. Currently the Aeroforce digital gauges are in a cubby pod in front of the shifter and a 3 guage pod was going on the dash. Leaving them in the cubby would leave an open spot I could do a real oil pressure Speedhut gauge so the top would be dials and digitals below but that seems a bit much.

Thoughts/suggestions?
    2014 Chevy SS, forged internals, Magnuson 2650/fuel upgrades in progress.

Potential Tuner
    AFR500CAN is the best way to directly connect to MPVI3 though OBD2.