Thread: SD tune file help

Potential Tuner

SD tune file help

I was hoping someone on here could help me to verify that my tune file is set up correctly for Speed Density please?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes and no.

The MAF stuff is correct. The open loop and VE table are not.

The open loop EQ ratio needs to commanded stoich, aka 1.00 at operating temp. You can't command a richer air fuel ratio if you are trying to tune the VE table. Then the VE table itself is way too fat, you have way too much fuel in there. Start over with a stock VE table and tune it from there with the larger injectors you are using.

Turn off COT and do not disable PE (power enrichment). If you are tuning with a wideband the commanded AFR can change because you are tuning the difference between the commanded and actual air fuel ratio in the exhaust.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the quick response. I went in and changed the EQ ratio and turned off COT. Not sure what you mean about not disabling PE, I don't see it disabled.

I am running stock injectors for the engine but The computer is from my brothers nova that may have had bigger injectors. I went in and changed all the injector values ( I believe) back to what the stock file I got from the repository.

Here is where I am at now.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    He was referring to changing the settings in the Power Enrichment tab. You can alter settings so that PE never activates. Some people disable it so it doesnt make fueling changes while logging data.