Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions about new tuner and tune

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol_91 View Post
    its ok, if veeefour doesnt like what someone says he automatically gets emotional, were use to it lol. Ive accepted its just how he is but he is pretty knowledgeable
    I'm not emotional, Just don't like BS and I'm extremely straight forward ;-)

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertg View Post
    Here's an update
    after calling them again and sending over some pictures they requested, I finally got an E85 tune that runs great. I let them know, hey the tune is great thanks now can you make the same changes for the gas tune, send it back and we should be good. Right??
    Of course now I'm being ghosted again for 3 days. I called Friday and they tell me the tuner working with me is busy working on the Dyno????.
    You would think something that takes 10 minutes to do he would have taken care of when I told him the other tune was good. Now I have to go thru this calling and eofor another week to get them to revise it. Once that's done I'm done with them.

They lost a customer with their poor customer service.
    I'm not necessarily defending this company but it also seems like your expectations might be a little unrealistic. With large companies, your request that should "just take 10 minutes" gets thrown into a queue with 10/50/100/??? other similar requests, it's extremely easy to get backlogged. The car that was on the dyno when you called very well may have made that appointment months before you submitted a request for changes.

What Steeda (PBD, my bad) should at least do is apologize for the delay and try to give an estimate of how far back you are in the queue. Being non-responsive usually makes people uneasy. The other thing that I tell people is that you don't want anyone looking at your tune without their full attention directed towards it. People make mistakes. Would you rather 5-10 well-thought-out yet slightly delayed revisions, or 50 rapid-fire revisions that don't do squat because they were rushed.

I understand the frustration though, just giving my thoughts
    Last edited by RobCat030; 07-05-2023 at 09:56 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RobCat030 View Post
    I'm not necessarily defending this company but it also seems like your expectations might be a little unrealistic. With large companies, your request that should "just take 10 minutes" gets thrown into a queue with 10/50/100/??? other similar requests, it's extremely easy to get backlogged. The car that was on the dyno when you called very well may have made that appointment months before you submitted a request for changes.

What Steeda should at least do is apologize for the delay and try to give an estimate of how far back you are in the queue. Being non-responsive usually makes people uneasy. The other thing that I tell people is that you don't want anyone looking at your tune without their full attention directed towards it. People make mistakes. Would you rather 5-10 well-thought-out yet slightly delayed revisions, or 50 rapid-fire revisions that don't do squat because they were rushed.

I understand the frustration though, just giving my thoughts
    The company is Palm Beach Dyno not Steeda. When I was getting my tune from Steeda their turnaround was 2-3 days. I've been waiting 7-10 days from PBD.
    Another update, after the call I did get the updated 93 tune sent over after hours and. They apologized for the delay. That is a plus and it was appreciated.